BVEStation

Author Topic: The D Line has been released!  (Read 37433 times)

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
Re: The D Line has been released!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »
JayJay u did a good job but when I did the express route i thought i was going to be in the express track (the middle) I if you can do this thanks!

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »
he already said he was goin to fix it later on this is only 2.0 if im not mistaking the version is only a beta look in the pages before  it clearly states this

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »

smh dick train lol

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:22 am »

smh dick train lol

lol I'm mad you actually said that ;D
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 01:24:17 am »
Hey guys, lets get some screenshots on the gallery!

I took one at the Fort Hamilton Parkway curve on the screenshots section. If someone could move that as a (D) screenshot, would be appreciated!

You can upload your screenshots directly to the downloads section without having to have the admins do anything.  Just visit the gallery, http://www.bvestation.com/gallery.php and upload your photo there.

Also the page was updated with more info, and is now hosted on BVEStation.  (aka safer compared to media fire... another admin obviously didn't follow directions on reuploading files to the server :P )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:48:14 am by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Jashawn R.

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:18:07 pm »
Whenever I use this route, the images start to lag. I have deleted and re-installed the route, but got the same result. Is there anyway I can fix this problem? I figured out my problem; The R153 I was using caused the lagging, so I used the R68, and it worked fine.....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:20:17 pm by Jashawn R. »

Offline Ddatrainman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 06:20:16 pm »
Whenever I use this route, the images start to lag. I have deleted and re-installed the route, but got the same result. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

your computer may not be able to handle the graphics.

Insufficient Hardware

Offline odemata

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »
this looks so good. say does anyone know how to manually install the extracted files to their respective folder. I seem to keep getting and error of files missing. running on mac

Offline MTA101

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 12:35:52 am »
This is quite a nice route :).

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 11:54:38 am »
this looks so good. say does anyone know how to manually install the extracted files to their respective folder. I seem to keep getting and error of files missing. running on mac

Make sure you use the installers in the "__MACOSX" folder, not the normal folder for PC's. Install the LisaRaye2.exe and 6thAve.exe into openBVE\Railway\Object, install the D2.exe into openBVE\Railway\Sound, and install the NYCT-D (Version 2.0).exe into openBVE\Railway\Route. So basically just install everything into where the installer defaultly does, and it should work. (You also need the (A) Line and both of the object folders that come with it: 8thAve and LefShut)
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline R36 #9346

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »
I just drove a train on that route (specifically, the file NTCT-D2.csv), and I noticed a couple of things that, well, got me taking notes on the things that can be improved.

Graphical Improvements
While the route in general looks great, there are a few cosmetic issues that need to be taken care of. For instance, at the Rockefeller Center station, there are no diagonal bits connecting the wall and horizontal beams.

Next, at 103rd Street, there's an F train on the uptown express track.

Announcements
At Fordham Road, there's no announcement of the Bx12 Select Bus Service. I don't know for certain how it's treated in the B division, but it's always announced on the A division stations where the line crosses. This is probably due to the automated announcements, but I think the R160s already announce the M15 where it crosses the lines with R160s running on them.

I would suggest updating either the scenery and marker bitmaps or the announcements to be consistent with the period being depicted. "Franken-forties" running on the B and announcements of the availability of the M train on Sixth Avenue? When is this route set, 2009 or 2011?

Stations
I noticed that at stations where the platform is on the train's left, the doors on the train's right side opened. I'm sure a conductor would get written up for opening the doors on the wrong side once, but doing it ten times (at 205, BPB, KB, Fordham, Tremont, 145th, RockCenter, 9th Av, 62nd St, Bay Pkwy)… well, if it happened on a real D train and it didn't make the news, I would be surprised. There is a fix for this, which I will explain below.

I also noticed that at places where the signal at the departing end of the station is an automatic or other single-headed signal, the signal shows red as the train approaches, but turns green as the train approaches the stopping point. I've seen this bug on many of the other BVE routes depicting the subway system, and there is a fix, which I will also explain.

The fix for these two issues. It all has to do with the Track.sta command. In the file, an example station command is:

Code: [Select]
.sta 205th Street;5.0130;5.0200;0;1;1;ats;;10;50;D2\205_Dep.wav
Parsing this command, we get the following:
Name: 205th Street
ArrivalTime: 5.0130
DepartureTime: 5.0200
PassAlarm: NO
Doors: RIGHT
ForcedRedSignal: YES
System: ATS
ArrivalSound: <NULL>
StopDuration: 10
PassengerRatio: 50
DepartureSound: D2\205_Dep.wav
TimetableIndex: <NULL>

The values in bold are what need to be fixed. For stations with platforms on the left, change the Doors parameter (the first one bolded in the example above) to −1. For stations with red signals as you approach the stopping point of stations (practically all of them), change the Stop or ForcedRedSignal parameter to 0. Setting this parameter to 0 will not make the program think the train is not supposed to stop at the station. That effect is done by setting the ArrivalTime parameter to P.

However, the effect could be retained (with an appropriate tweak to the StopDuration parameter) at stations where the motorman is required to "punch for line-up" (e.g. 36th Street).

As for the schedule, I think it would be nice to see how late or early you are at other stations along the route. This can be achieved by supplying the ArrivalTime parameter for each station, and leaving the DepartureTime blank. You can get this information using Scott's Transit Playground.  While there is no trip leaving 205th Street at 05:02, there is one leaving at 05:04, operating express in Manhattan, local in The Bronx and Brooklyn. Then again, if 5:02 PM is intended, the correct schedule starts at 17:02. Assuming that this is the case, here's the schedule for this trip:

17:02:00 Norwood - 205 St
17:04:00 Bedford Park Blvd
17:07:48 Kingsbridge Rd
17:09:24 Fordham Rd
17:10:54 182 - 183 Sts
17:12:30 Tremont Av
17:14:24 174 - 175 Sts
17:16:30 170 St
17:18:36 167 St
17:21:00 161 St - Yankee Stadium
17:22:30 155 St
17:24:00 145 St
17:27:30 125 St
17:35:30 59 St - Columbus Circle
17:39:06 7 Av
17:41:00 47 - 50 Sts - Rockefeller Ctr
17:42:30 42 St - Bryant Pk
17:44:30 34 St - Herald Sq
17:47:30 W 4 St
17:49:30 Broadway - Lafayette St
17:51:30 Grand St
18:02:30 Atlantic Av - Pacific St
18:08:00 36 St
18:12:00 9 Av
18:14:00 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
18:15:48 50 St
18:17:36 55 St
18:19:30 62 St
18:21:18 71 St
18:23:00 79 St
18:24:36 18 Av
18:26:06 20 Av
18:27:30 Bay Pkwy
18:29:18 25 Av
18:31:30 Bay 50 St
18:35:30 Coney Island - Stillwell Av

Signalling
Finally, I start with a bit of a story. After crossing the Manhattan Bridge and passing DeKalb, I approach Pacific Street, and to my surprise, I see the train in front of me, with two signals behind it: the one immediately behind showing red, and the one behind that showing yellow. I hit the brakes, waited for the train to go well ahead of me, then proceeded into the station.

This leads me to pose a question: Is there anyone working on the Track.Section + Track.SigF method of placing signals? Because that would be really nice, especially when you consider repeater signals. What's cool about Track.Section is that you can make it so that there can be two blocks of red behind a train.
with track
1435,.section 0;0;2;4,.sigF 3;0;-3;-1

Yeah, it only works with OpenBVE, but who still uses older versions of Mackoy's BVE Trainsim? (I suppose that could be a poll question.)

This is what happens when you install Portal 2 on an R160 computer.

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 07:03:36 pm »
The Announcement for the Tremont Avenue Station. Should be (Treee-Maunt) not (Tremmm - Maunt)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »
The Announcement for the Tremont Avenue Station. Should be (Treee-Maunt) not (Tremmm - Maunt)

Announcements
At Fordham Road, there's no announcement of the Bx12 Select Bus Service. I don't know for certain how it's treated in the B division, but it's always announced on the A division stations where the line crosses. This is probably due to the automated announcements, but I think the R160s already announce the M15 where it crosses the lines with R160s running on them

Hey if you dont like the way i recorded the damn announcements then feel free to spend your own time and Record them the way you feel right >:( . Anyways Half the conductors in the Mta either dont say anything when they pull into a station let alone a bus route upstairs . Plus it didnt say BX12SBS on the map of which i was looking at when i was recording the announcements.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2011, 07:54:25 pm »
Mr Railfan is right. The R160 announcements are always considered "correct", yes, but the conductors tend to say the announcements differently sometimes, yet they still mean the same thing. And considering that this route was not made to be run with an R160 exclusively, Mr Railfan's announcements are perfectly fine IMO
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:23 pm »

Some people say things differently. So this post is kinda offensive :(
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission