BVEStation

Author Topic: LIRR / MNCR M7 Development Thread (V1.1 Update Released)  (Read 73529 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: LIRR / MNCR M7 Development Thread (V1.1 Update Released)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 10:36:02 am »
Why'd you bump it down from 6 brake points to 4?
It's in the readme dude:
Version 1.1 update; decreased number of service brake points from 6 to 4, to give B1 brake rate of 0.75 mph/s.
The M7 manual states that the minimum brake rate is 0.75 mph/s, so if the full service rate is 3.0 mph/s then naturally, setting the number of brake points at 4 gives the correct operating characteristics for the minimum application.

Offline B3 via Av U

• New Recruit
  • Fire Alarm Guy
    • View Profile
Re: LIRR / MNCR M7 Development Thread (V1.1 Update Released)
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »
It's in the readme dude:The M7 manual states that the minimum brake rate is 0.75 mph/s, so if the full service rate is 3.0 mph/s then naturally, setting the number of brake points at 4 gives the correct operating characteristics for the minimum application.
Ahh ok. Thanks.
Aah! God damn this 15 year old desktop PC!

Offline NYCT N train

• Conductor
  • Broadway/4 Av Exp
    • View Profile
Re: LIRR / MNCR M7 Development Thread (V1.0 Completed & Released)
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 09:09:49 pm »
Great job! This is definitely one of the more sophisticated cabs that I've seen.

Too bad they're no MNRR/LIRR routes in development. I'd definitely like to see the Hudson branch be developed one day (or even  Yankee Stadium to Grand Central as a starter) and I'd love to see the Port Washington Branch developed too.
I'm in dvelopemnet for the New Haven Line, see my forum post below my reply :)

By PitoR160