BVEStation

Author Topic: Remember this?  (Read 6473 times)

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Remember this?
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »
Just found and uploaded some old footage I took 4 years ago of the railfan window of an R32 E train pulling into World Trade Center...

Back in the day when we had REAL trains on the E line and not those broken toys we have today lol...but yea, enjoy!

Railfan window of R32 E Train at World Trade Center

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Remember this?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:07:19 pm »
Toys lol
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »
glad them 32's is off the E line and got them reliable 160's to serve that line. bad enough to have 47 year old cars on the C dont need them on any other lines.   :D (if this makes me a hater i dont care) its good to have them 160's doing a good job on the local.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:30:34 am »
I actually wish 32's were still on the E. R160's are alright, but 32's give the E its character
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »
glad them 32's is off the E line and got them reliable 160's to serve that line. bad enough to have 47 year old cars on the C dont need them on any other lines.   :D (if this makes me a hater i dont care) its good to have them 160's doing a good job on the local.
Yea thats right the 32's aren't reliable at all although they kick their old asses 7days a week getting tens of thousands of people to their destination everyday and still doing the job they were doing 47yrs ago. :P I suggest you to ride REAL trains they may not have it like they used to but they still kick butt.Lets see how long the 160's last at that Jamaica.

Offline R40R32

• Operator
  • RFC_NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »
R160B's Toys R Us Made
R160A's 99 Cent Store Made 
@ Bill

LOL
https://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine8?feature=mhee (My YouTube Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine7?feature=mhee (Second YouTube channel)
M.T.A. -Money Taking Agency

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:57 pm »
Yea thats right the 32's aren't reliable at all although they kick their old asses 7days a week getting tens of thousands of people to their destination everyday and still doing the job they were doing 47yrs ago. :P I suggest you to ride REAL trains they may not have it like they used to but they still kick butt.Lets see how long the 160's last at that Jamaica.

They're also out of service consistently due to various problems because of their old age according to people who have to operate these trains, so yeah, while they lasted this long, it's high time for these "real" trains to retire.

Also, what's with the constant animosity toward the R160s? Outside of a few technical glitches, they work just as good (or better) as any other car class.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:21:17 pm by Lance »

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »
They're also out of service consistently due to various problems because of their old age according to people who have to operate these trains, so yeah, while they lasted this long, it's high time for these "real" trains to retire.
O yea of course they're out doing themselves but at the same time getting the job done.I'll tell you man (chuckle) ;) the way these (C) operators operate them 32's I really don't know how they'll last another few years I love these trains but damn I sit near the T/O cab preserving a seat for the elderly or disabled or pregnant person b\c some people don't have consideration these operators throw the brake handle(pushing with excess force) which makes them make this interesting sound and I or anyone can hear them like yanking the controller. :o But I'm glad they're doing their thing.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:15 pm »
you know what I think it is with the C train though I think the constant having the R32's one day then haveing a new train for a month then going back to the R32's (for example from the R32 to the R44) makes the operators loose their training on how to drive an R32 but they really need to go I agree something about the R160 just doesn't feel right to me from time to time but I have an expression you can't escape from the future because the future will find you and the future of the MTA is the R160 and we have to embrace the "toy" train as a "real" train for now

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
you know what I think it is with the C train though I think the constant having the R32's one day then haveing a new train for a month then going back to the R32's (for example from the R32 to the R44) makes the operators loose their training on how to drive an R32 but they really need to go I agree something about the R160 just doesn't feel right to me from time to time but I have an expression you can't escape from the future because the future will find you and the future of the MTA is the R160 and we have to embrace the "toy" train as a "real" train for now

From what I've read from various sources inside Transit, all T/O (train operators) are trained for all equipment for their division, meaning T/Os on the lettered lines know how to operate all classes currently in service from the R32s to the R160s. (Though I believe there is special training for the R143s on Canarsie due to CBTC.) Same thing with the numbered lines.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
From what I've read from various sources inside Transit, all T/O (train operators) are trained for all equipment for their division, meaning T/Os on the lettered lines know how to operate all classes currently in service from the R32s to the R160s. (Though I believe there is special training for the R143s on Canarsie due to CBTC.) Same thing with the numbered lines.
[/quote]
                     do you know how often the T/O's get trained

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »
something about the R160 just doesn't feel right to me from time to time

Maybe its because of all the Computers, FIND's, and 2 Different propulsion systems
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »
it's more of the fact when I'm on it, it feels like a flash drive on wheels I mean it has to hold all the information for the route all in one computer system