BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Status of the (D) and (F) Routes.  (Read 71103 times)

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Status of the (D) and (F) Routes.
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:48 pm »
The most anticipated for me is the D line. I'm just curious after all these lines are done what's next? Another IND, BMT, or IRT?

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »
IRT

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
I want to play the (N) Astoria/Broadway/4 Av/Sea Beach Express.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2012, 10:21:10 pm »
I want to play the (N) Astoria/Broadway/4 Av/Sea Beach Express.

It's being worked on. We need HQ textures for the sea beach stations (86 street to 8 ave). Other than that we still need to add in signals and proper station walls in Manhattan and 4 ave. Again my best guess for release is sometime late this year or early 2013. But it is in development.

If anyone can provide textures feel free to post it here, the content contributor page or by Private messaging me. You will be compensated by helping out the project. Once there is sufficient progress i, or another member who is helping out will post an update in the (N) Route thread.

I forgot to mention , i was talking about the Astoria bound (N), not the Coney Island Bound one.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:22:47 pm by Mr Railfan »

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:23 pm »
It's being worked on. We need HQ textures for the sea beach stations (86 street to 8 ave). Other than that we still need to add in signals and proper station walls in Manhattan and 4 ave. Again my best guess for release is sometime late this year or early 2013. But it is in development.

If anyone can provide textures feel free to post it here, the content contributor page or by Private messaging me. You will be compensated by helping out the project. Once there is sufficient progress i, or another member who is helping out will post an update in the (N) Route thread.

I forgot to mention , i was talking about the Astoria bound (N), not the Coney Island Bound one.

Ok. I wish I could help out, but I do not live in new york, and also I am not the best person at gathering textures. I guess that means no Sea Beach Express since it is NB  :-[. Back to the (D) and (F) now. Sorry to stray us off topic.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:32 pm »
I haven't posted any updates for a while, so i figured i'd update you on some progress.

I'm currently reworking all F and D train announcement so they take up less space and they will be included in the new 6 ave sound folder which will be released with the (B) to Brighton. The folder should be pretty big, but will feature nearly all possible Reroutes or short turns for the (B) (D)  and (F) routes - given the route direction . For example i'm not include reroutes like the B to 207 street as we don't have a route going there - yet. I'm also reworking the F file with updated timer information and updating textures. After this is complete, i will update nearby scenery. The 1955 scenerio is still a way's from being complete and will be released at a separate time from the main project. The (D) to coney Island and (F) will be released at the same time. I have a vacation coming up so this will allow me the much needed time to complete the project. I will post some screenshots soon.

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 01:00:17 pm »
Good to hear Mr Railfan.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:25 am »
Keep up the good work Mr Railfan!
ceelboogie1- crown heights 24/7/366

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »
so the F will be have a local route between 21st and 179th, but not btween 71st Forest Hills and 179th?

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »
so the F will be have a local route between 21st and 179th, but not btween 71st Forest Hills and 179th?

There will be a local b/w Roosevelt ave and 179 ; and from forest hill to 179 (Current real life Routing of the F).

There is quite a lot of converting i need to do along with coding to make it go local after 21-Queensbridge, but it will be available in a later update. As an alternative for the meantime, i'll add a F from 2nd ave to Forest hills via 53 and queens blvd local (Route of the old V).

Offline NYCSUBWAYFAN

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2012, 08:06:09 pm »
Awesome job Mr Railfan quick question on the new updated routes I noticed on the new F V 4.5 there is moving AI trains not only in front of you but on the opposite tracks (im going uptown moving AI on the downtown track) Im just asking not sure what is entailed from a developer standpoint to make more moving AI trains  especially say if your a local train to have a express train on your route same direction go bye you or vice versa.Im not sure how that affects lag or such. Either way gr8 routes man you developers on here are amazing keep up the good work :)

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2012, 08:33:53 pm »
The AI trains passing on the opposite track r animated trains that move at the same speed as u( ur going 20, that train moves at 20).

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2012, 12:43:34 am »
Awesome job Mr Railfan quick question on the new updated routes I noticed on the new F V 4.5 there is moving AI trains not only in front of you but on the opposite tracks (im going uptown moving AI on the downtown track) Im just asking not sure what is entailed from a developer standpoint to make more moving AI trains  especially say if your a local train to have a express train on your route same direction go bye you or vice versa.Im not sure how that affects lag or such. Either way gr8 routes man you developers on here are amazing keep up the good work :)

Well the way i have the "AI Trains" on the opposite track move is by making them (each car) an object and then animating it with a speacial code to move. The code either has it where a object moves independently from the player at a set speed for a set distance , or dependent on the player (such as the ai train that goes 20mph when you go 20 mph). It's difficult to implement this and can only be don on perfectly level and straight track.

I should also add, expect to see more of them on the upcoming update

Offline NYCSUBWAYFAN

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 02:36:04 am »
Thanks Mr Railfan keep up the good work and cant waait for the routes =P

Offline CrazyMarty

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »
I just ran the 4.5.1 version of the F line using the latest openBVE's AI, start to finish (just the 1st route: exp/lcl/exp).  Some comments:

• it's beautiful;
  • the use of advanced signalling (ST/GT) is great to see;
  • the openBVE's AI has no clue what to do with them!
  • there are a number of switches that are set wrong;
  • there are a few mis-matches of signal to purpose (i.e., a home signal with no associated switch);
  • I'd be happy to be a unit tester;
  • I'd be happy to repackage with no OS-specific issues (*.exe).

I know it had to be a monumental effort, and, like I said, it's really great to look at!  If I wasn't such a techno-geek, it would be just  as great to run through it myself!  Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:55:05 pm by CrazyMarty »