BVEStation

Author Topic: R46 Keeps Breaking with Power  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
R46 Keeps Breaking with Power
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:52:16 am »
I have no idea what's causing this but more times than not, the R46 does not operate properly. When I put it to P1, I hear the breaks being applied. It will scrape forward if I put it at P3 but then when put into neutral it comes to a grinding halt confirming that the breaks are being applied when I apply power. I was able to operate on the "A" and "F" lines with no problem a couple of times. But tonight the breaking problem showed up again on those same routes. The fact that I was able to run the whole "F" line just last night with no problem is baffling and I don't know what's causing this. I also tried running it on the Brighton Beach "Q" exp(v6) and I have the same problem. I know it says to use the 160A but I really like the R46 cab detail and not a big fan of the newer fleets. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: R46 Keeps Breaking with Power
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:23:36 am »
Did u try letting the air out of the break first before u move to B4? That's usually the problem with the breaks. Wait until u hear the air release from
the break at B5. The train should run smoothly after that. I think that is part of the safety on the train.

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:49:07 am »
Did u try letting the air out of the break first before u move to B4? That's usually the problem with the breaks. Wait until u hear the air release from
the break at B5. The train should run smoothly after that. I think that is part of the safety on the train.

Thank you! Learn something everyday. I did what you suggested and I'm operating it smoothly now.

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:58:41 am »
No prob. I had that same problem when I downloaded the previous versions of the train lol. Glad I could help.