BVEStation

Author Topic: Favorite Station and Why?  (Read 4186 times)

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Favorite Station and Why?
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »
My absolute favorite station in the system is the recently renovated Coney Island Terminal because of the obvious historic purposes and it was my favorite destination despite all the issues surrounding the area in the 80s and 90s. This station was truly made ahead of its time in the early 20th century.
ceelboogie1- crown heights 24/7/366

Offline LexingtonAvExp

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Station and Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:46:41 pm »
I have a few:
Coney Island: I go there every summer plus the station is massive
103rd Street (B)(C): The best part of the station is when the express track ramps down.
Smith 9th St: The BEST VIEW EVER!
Whitlock Av: Another great view of the Northeast Corridor

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »
200 St. This is one of my favorite stations because of the 8 Av line. The  has always been my favorite and the switching that allows some trains if necessary to skip 200 St and/or enter the yard has just always fascinated me since I was smaller.

135 St. The only 6T side station in record. This can surely become useful during GOs, and I was always fascinated how some trains have the capability to not only run on the very inner bypass track  , but also the Express, which is never used. It has inspired me to build a route in Trainz Simulator on it, and things are looking pretty good so far. It is the third station after the 6T bypass.

DeKalb Av. The only 6T bypass station in the books. Always been fascinated riding past this station. It allows Express trains to stop at the stop, while allowing the other trains to use the bypass tracks. As mentioned above, this is also part of my Trainz route. It is the second station coming out of a 6T island terminal.

Church Av. Always thought that it would be awesome for the  to stop here. The  ( Q )<Q> or whatever else would come here would take me home to Cortelyou. My current avatar is the 70s ( M ), which once called called Church Av as a stop during it's Brighton Express or Brighton Local days, either one worked fine.

Brighton Beach. The terminal of the ( M )( Q )<Q> back in the days. I always took the train to Newkirk and the Brighton Express all the way down to the end of the line. Coney Island sometimes, but most of the time it was getting renovated and only the  had access. We had to take a bus, not sure exactly which one it was, to get to CI.

Offline WestEndMan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:55:27 pm »
My old favorite used to be the Times Square. A vast amount of tunnels turns and ramps connecting alot of major lines. One wrong turn and you ended up on the opposite of where you wanted to be. loved it. But my all time favorite has to be the old South Ferry Loop. Only 1st 5 cars could fit along with the major curve & the extention ramps. A true historic station that never changed with the times. On top of that the inner loop that the 5 train out of Bowling Green used to turn around. Although Superstorm Sandy caused havoc for alot of ppl, in my eyes, it put that NEW terminal in its place. A sign.......nah. Just that the MTA should update its system and try not to replace what in this persons eyes.....a historic station.

Offline thedarkb

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Thedarkb's site
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »
My favourite would either be heuston station, Thomastown Station, Or the rubble of ballyhale station.