BVEStation

Author Topic: Train.dat Motor Section  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Train.dat Motor Section
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:00 pm »
I've been working on coding the train.dat section on my R176. I've been getting some problems with it. I have a few siemens sounds and am wondering how to make the acceleration sync with the appropriate part of the sound.

(ex. Going from Neutral to P3 @ 15 MPH, the sound starts from the beginning, want to make it start from an appropriate point)

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Re: Train.dat Motor Section
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »
Use train editor.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:40:07 pm »
Use train editor.
I've tried it on many occasions, but how would I do it?

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »
When plotting the motor noise graph, keep the following in mind.

BVE works by taking a sample of the motor noise, and bending the pitch and changing the tone in accordance to what you put into the train.dat file to produce the motor noises of the train. A good sample of a motor noise for use in BVE should be about a second or more of consistent pitch and tone.

To plot the graph-
x-axis = speed of the train in which a sound would play at a specific tone/pitch
y-axis = pitch that the motor sound should be when the train is at that specific speed labeled in the x-axis. 100% pitch = play original motor.wav file.

When plotting volume, the x-axis serves the same purpose while the y-axis serves as how loud the sound will be played. In most trains, as the trains travel at a faster speed, the motor noises begin to fade (thus making this feature needed)

The rest is all trial and error..when you've been doing this for almost 6 years you kinda get the hang of it lol