BVEStation

Author Topic: Train Problem  (Read 6200 times)

Offline roberrcik

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Train Problem
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »
Hello,
I recently download BVE Train Simulator and I'd like to play London Underground Route.
So, I download District Line files (Sound, Object and Route). And I also download cStock Train for District/City and Hammersmith Lines.

Well, I install all of this and:
My Train folder has another folder called: LT_C69_77 and in that folder I've got a lot of .wmv files like air.wmv, dooropn.wmv etc.

In my Railway folder I've got:
Another Railway Folder and Route folder. In Railway folder i've got circle line sounds (?)
And in my Route folder i've got:
Railway folder --> Route --> District Line --> and other files (Edgware Road to Purtney Bridge).
Sound folder
Object folder

I know it is a bit mess, but I tried to open my BVE game. So game finds the route District Line, but it doesn't find any train.

I choose District Line and it says: "The train is not found".

What should I do?

And btw. sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Train Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:16:37 pm »
There is a problem with your setup from what I can see, and you need to fix it in order to get BVE working.

For BVE your setup should have two folders:
     - A "Railway" folder
     - A "Train" Folder (for trains)
and inside the "Railway" folder there should be three more folders:
     - An "Object" folder (for objects)
     - A "Route" folder (for routes)
     - A "Sound" folder (for sounds)
*Note: Make the folders with the exact name in the quotation marks if you don't have them in your setup

Now, according to what you said, you have two problems that involve a "Railway" folder inside another folder. So here's what you should do:
     1) Find "Circle Line Sounds". Place that in the "Sounds" folder. Delete the extra "Railway" folder as well.
     2) Find "District Line". Place that in your "Route" folder. Delete the extra "Railway" folder as well.
*Remember to make the folders with the exact name in the quotation marks if you don't have them in your setup.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you don't understand and I'll try to explain it with pictures.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:54:05 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline roberrcik

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 05:02:57 am »
Thank you very much! I finally started my game but... there's another problem :((

I click "Start" and well I'm in the train but i've got only grey place in front of me :/
I don't know how to describe it so i'm giving you a screen:

Ehhh well i try to download Hammersmith & City Lines but I still have a problem :( (not the grey screen, but also some bad textures, which aren't moving or something)
Then i try to download Central Line. I download also a stock and when i try to run it it says: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range"

Please help me :P I don't know what to do :(

I've also heard that BVE simulator is not working with Nvidia Graphics Card? Maybe that's my problem? I'm using Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:19:56 am by roberrcik »

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:53 pm »
I looked through the old BVEStation forums, and it seems to me that BVE 2 will not work on anything above Windows XP unless you do something extra (and risky) to make it work. Some of the tutorials will not guarantee that BVE2 will work on your computer, and it could ruin your computer if you do something wrong. However, it has been tested and it has worked, so if you still plan to play BVE2 on Vista then try following these tutorials and see if they work:

Danny21's tutorial
BVE 2 and 4 on windows vista home premium

GoYankees's tutorial (also known as YankeesPwnMets in the current BVEStation)
How to get BVE 2 or 4 on Vista
How to get BVE 2 or 4 on Vista (Video)

as well as this tutorial by NYCboy to make BVE2 work with NVIDIA video cards, which could be your solution for your video card problem:
how to make BVE2 work nvidia video cards

Make sure you read everything, because as said before, if you mess up the steps, then the results could be disastrous. If you're still willing to play BVE on Vista, then I think your best bet would be to wait for BVE5 to come out, which is a work in progress, or play openBVE as an alternative. This is as much as I can do to help you. I'm not that much of a computer tech, which is why I play openBVE since I don't want to ruin my Windows 7. But, if you still need additional help, please post back! The whole community will be glad to help you. Or you could send YankeesPwnMets a message directing him to this thread. I'm pretty sure he'll give you more help than I can.  :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:36:24 pm by ipac »

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:36:11 pm »
This was also written in the wiki, with much more information on compatibility.

http://wiki.bvestation.com/index.php?title=BVE_on_Vista

The trick isn't necessarily risky, as your only adding dll's to the computer, and registering them.  They should not do any damage to your computer, unless you want to reverse the whole process.

BVEStation.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 09:25:37 pm »
This was also written in the wiki, with much more information on compatibility.

http://wiki.bvestation.com/index.php?title=BVE_on_Vista

The trick isn't necessarily risky, as your only adding dll's to the computer, and registering them.  They should not do any damage to your computer, unless you want to reverse the whole process.
Oh. Hmm. Well, I wouldn't know - I don't know a lot of things about computers.  ;D
One of the threads said that that the risk could be ruining your computer, so I just placed that in there.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:35 pm »
Also the "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" usually means you are missing files.  See if you placed the objects and sounds in the right folders, and check to see if it requires other routes to run as well.
BVEStation.