BVEStation

Author Topic: last tmc rts buses at west farms depot  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
last tmc rts buses at west farms depot
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »
i just heard from a friend of mine that the wets farms bus depot here in the bronx only has 3 tmc rts buses left and that the drivers are fighting just to drive them. i dont see the big deal since all 3 buses are assigned to the bx36. i saw them all yesterday on 174th street heading toward manhattan. and i dont know why they fight whats so special about those buses?

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: last tmc rts buses at west farms depot
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 11:54:20 pm »
Alot of Railbuffs prefer those buses over Hybrids eg. The 7.501 NG HEV and OG HEV and some Diesel buses. Also the RTS is very popular nowadays
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:57:23 pm by bve »
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline xplayman

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:06 am »
I like that bus just because I grew up with it. A lot of the MTA's new buses and trains aren't that powerful but rather "energy efficient". I'm sure driver of the subway still prefer the R62 over the R143 for performance.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:24 am »
i just heard from a friend of mine that the wets farms bus depot here in the bronx only has 3 tmc rts buses left and that the drivers are fighting just to drive them. i dont see the big deal since all 3 buses are assigned to the bx36. i saw them all yesterday on 174th street heading toward manhattan. and i dont know why they fight whats so special about those buses?
They're not assigned to the BX36.I've seen them pop on the BX32,17,36/LTD and the BX11.But chances of catching them most likely are on the 36/17.Pending who likes what to pull out.Just after Christmas I saw an Artic on the BX35.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:12:17 am »
AFAIK buses aren't "assigned" onto lines, except for specials such as the express lines (MCIs), Select bus (the specially painted buses), and the bus routes with the GPS tracking (M16, M34 and the bus that goes down 4th Ave in brooklyn forgot what its called lol).

as for bus models, i hate the orion 7's they are slow, cramped, and cannot handle heavy loads. low floor buses are highly inefficient as there is less room in them (those two huge wheel things in the front, and also they are just smaller in general), and the MTA has  finally come to realize that hybrid buses do not save that much more $$$ for them (hence why they are back to ordering regular diesel buses) not to mention maintenance on hybrids cost a lot more.

unfortunately, the days of the RTS and high floor buses are coming to an end, last i heard the company making the RTS went bankrupt, and all the bus corporations are making low-floor buses since that's what the bus-buying market wants..horrible if you ask me lol

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 11:18:35 am »
AFAIK buses aren't "assigned" onto lines, except for specials such as the express lines (MCIs), Select bus (the specially painted buses), and the bus routes with the GPS tracking (M16, M34 and the bus that goes down 4th Ave in brooklyn forgot what its called lol).

I think what your looking for is the B63 lol. The Realtime pilot program bus with Orion 7.501 OG CNG's only.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 11:33:03 am »

I think what your looking for is the B63 lol. The Realtime pilot program bus with Orion 7.501 OG CNG's only.

there we go lol

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 02:35:10 pm »

as for bus models, i hate the orion 7's they are slow, cramped, and cannot handle heavy loads. low floor buses are highly inefficient as there is less room in them (those two huge wheel things in the front, and also they are just smaller in general), and the MTA has  finally come to realize that hybrid buses do not save that much more $$$ for them (hence why they are back to ordering regular diesel buses) not to mention maintenance on hybrids cost a lot more.

unfortunately, the days of the RTS and high floor buses are coming to an end, last i heard the company making the RTS went bankrupt, and all the bus corporations are making low-floor buses since that's what the bus-buying market wants..horrible if you ask me lol

RTS is focused on canadian market. They went bankrupt here in the US
Orion VI and VII's here in San Juan are droppin like flies. Too bouncy, roads here are horrid, busses cant handle em. Transmission and Electric problems. We also hate them
jbetancourt