BVEStation

Author Topic: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?  (Read 35963 times)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
Re: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:53 pm »
they are gunna extend the 7 to Philadelphia and cut out every other IND BMT line... smh we wont know what line is next to die....
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »
they are gunna extend the 7 to Philadelphia and cut out every other IND BMT line... smh we wont know what line is next to die....
They're also gonna extend the (1) to Miami. The 2 is gonna go to Europe, the 3 is gonna loop and go to LA, and the Lex goes with these. Northbound, the 6 is going to Canada, the 2 5 and 1 are going to Toronto, and the 4 is gonna go to Quebec. the IND and BMT are still in the planning stages
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »
lololololol ;D
wow
The little brother of error46146

Offline jagenigma

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »
What i would propose is
Get rid of the B because it is only run on weekdays and it slows down early morning C service because the B and C run on the same line up to 145th and because the B terminates most of the time at 145th it takes 10 minutes on weekdays to get a C train
get rid of the A to Lefferts and replace with the C and run the C full time basically C from 168th Street to Lefferts blvd and the A from 207th Street to Far Rockaway, that will avoid any kind of confusion that any tourists may have, and add more C trains to the early morning rush.
but what will the MTA do? not anything i said even though it makes some more sense.
if i were to think of a train line that may soon be cut i would have to say probably the B, it is useless in my opinion and it only slows down C service

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »
@jagenigma u r so very right dude why would they eliminate the B train if it only runs on weekdays, put more C trains and put r160s in the A and C lines. the C trains on early am/pm rush hours like they do in jersey city ( where i live ) on the 87 buses the made all buses run from gates avenue to journal square and some to hoboken and they should run at all times local the entire route while the A is express even late nights

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »
Don't forget due to construction around the International Space Station Complex, all M service is re-routed through the Jupiter-Mars bypass line until February 30th, 2014, so they need the A line to fill in on the local asteroid belt service. With the incoming changes to F service, it is likely that F trains will be routed to Jupiter-46th Street to relieve some pressure off of the A line.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:14 pm »
What i would propose is
Get rid of the B because it is only run on weekdays and it slows down early morning C service because the B and C run on the same line up to 145th and because the B terminates most of the time at 145th it takes 10 minutes on weekdays to get a C train
get rid of the A to Lefferts and replace with the C and run the C full time basically C from 168th Street to Lefferts blvd and the A from 207th Street to Far Rockaway, that will avoid any kind of confusion that any tourists may have, and add more C trains to the early morning rush.
but what will the MTA do? not anything i said even though it makes some more sense.
if i were to think of a train line that may soon be cut i would have to say probably the B, it is useless in my opinion and it only slows down C service

It's useless, wow SMDHHH! Tell that to Brighton Riders. They would wip out their pitch forks and the meanest chainsaws and just rip you to shreds.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:13:26 pm by bve »
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 10:07:04 pm »
Don't forget due to construction around the International Space Station Complex, all M service is re-routed through the Jupiter-Mars bypass line until February 30th, 2014, so they need the A line to fill in on the local asteroid belt service. With the incoming changes to F service, it is likely that F trains will be routed to Jupiter-46th Street to relieve some pressure off of the A line.
Didn't you hear? They extended that until April of 3247! Also, since the new cars don't support that, they're gonna get the R36's out of the ocean, as well as the R38's, put the back together, put propellers on them and send them on their way
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 11:05:05 pm »
Now we are going off topic here

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 11:53:49 pm »
Now we are going off topic here

You can say that again  :P
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline jagenigma

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 01:01:22 am »
What i would propose is

It's useless, wow SMDHHH! Tell that to Brighton Riders. They would whip out their pitch forks and the meanest chainsaws and just rip you to shreds.
you can take the Q train from coney island to 42nd street and then get on the C uptown and vice-versa and that would make the B useless for any stops missed from the B, the E to D transfer in 7th Ave 53rd Street should cover any missed stops in manhattan south of 59th street and north of Grand street. The Q covers the brighton line.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 06:23:02 am »
you can take the Q train from coney island to 42nd street and then get on the C uptown and vice-versa and that would make the B useless for any stops missed from the B, the E to D transfer in 7th Ave 53rd Street should cover any missed stops in manhattan south of 59th street and north of Grand street. The Q covers the brighton line.

Are you crazy?  Have you ever taken the Brighton from 630AM-900AM consistently?  We need the (B), the (Q) takes forever until it gets to Prospect.  Maybe it made a little sense to take the (B) out during the station renovations because it still took forever to get from any lower stations to Prospect.

Taking out the Brighton Express would be the biggest mistake since making the movie Speed 2.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:07 am »

Are you crazy?  Have you ever taken the Brighton from 630AM-900AM consistently?  We need the (B), the (Q) takes forever until it gets to Prospect.  Maybe it made a little sense to take the (B) out during the station renovations because it still took forever to get from any lower stations to Prospect.

Taking out the Brighton Express would be the biggest mistake since making the movie Speed 2.

Lol. Forreal cause I aint  waiting that long plus I aint doing that damn voyage across the 5 boroughs lol

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 11:45:25 am »
What i would propose is

that is quite a selfish thought there, getting rid of the B just because it may hold up the C train.. do you know how many people will be affected by the loss of the B train service? the B should be a 24/7 route if you ask me.
the B imo is more important to Brooklyn than it is to uptown Manhattan or the Bronx, hence why it terminates at 145th instead of 168th or 205th-Norwood

Offline jagenigma

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »
Okay, I see your points, and it would be better if the MTA ran the B 24/7 as opposed to how limited it already runs but it should run all the way to Norwood 205th Street local and D service should be Express in the Bronx, but do you agree with my A and C train plan?