BVEStation

Author Topic: The new R46 has been released.  (Read 68920 times)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: The new R46 has been released.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:31 am »
That is not what I was talking about. I meant when the train goes around curves. Similar to with the R33WF, it enters the curve very roughly instead of smoothly. Same goes for entering upward/downward slopes.
If you're not talking about swaying then it could be the track quality of the route in which it was coded.But what I think you mean is the train doesn't go around the curves as like it was on the track so part of the train sticks through the walls or something?

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 10:55:44 am »
This could be due to the animations and rollsigns since they require the use of the Oskari DLL plugin. I'll be releasing a lower quality version without those plugins soon so see if that works for you.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:18 pm »
Is it just me, or are the windows not fully transparent? It almost seems as if they're fogged up or something...

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
Working well for me.

Great work guys  :)

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »
That is not what I was talking about. I meant when the train goes around curves. Similar to with the R33WF, it enters the curve very roughly instead of smoothly. Same goes for entering upward/downward slopes.

It's cause the train isn't programmed so that you're riding in the first car like all the other trains. Anybody have a fix for this? I know its something in the train.dat file.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline U_Mad?

• New Recruit
  • Conductor-OpenBve
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »
Nice Work Guys. I really Love the realistic swaying of the train. I wish all OpenBve Trains were like this.

BTW How is swaying added on Bve Trains?

:)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:29:50 pm by U_Mad? »

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

It's cause the train isn't programmed so that you're riding in the first car like all the other trains. Anybody have a fix for this? I know its something in the train.dat file.

The way the pivoting trucks work is that they are treated as separate cars. So the second car is technically the R46's body while the first and third cars are the trucks.

Essentially, in the train.dat file, as an 8-car set, it's in reality 24 cars.

So in the train.dat file, there's a drivercar index, it's set to 1 for the R46's carbody.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »

The way the pivoting trucks work is that they are treated as separate cars. So the second car is technically the R46's body while the first and third cars are the trucks.

So in the train.dat file, there's a drivercar index, it's set to 1 for the R46's carbody.
Exactly. In a train like this, if you have the drivecar as 0 (or the first car) then the cab view will pivot with the truck as opposed to the actual car body.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 08:03:36 pm »

Exactly. In a train like this, if you have the drivecar as 0 (or the first car) then the cab view will pivot with the truck as opposed to the actual car body.
But doing so would also cause the exterior view (F2 mode) to follow the first truck, not the carbody....

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32:41 am »
Nice Work Guys. I really Love the realistic swaying of the train. I wish all OpenBve Trains were like this.

I can't write it better myself. Finally I run the train OK in my home PC (Win7-64 bit). Now I will go on more NYCTA lines which use R46 trains. And looking forward to next trains similar to this  ;)

Offline B4ucmenow

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »
This r46 is so nice, i just retired all of mine that i personally made a few years back.. Lol! keep up the great work guys  ;)

Offline metzfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »
how to you change the rollsign and the led?

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 02:33:19 pm »
how to you change the rollsign and the led?

The 7 key for the rollsign, and the 8 key for the LCD.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 03:29:42 pm »
Will all the new cab would be widescreen like the R46?

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »
Will all the new cab would be widescreen like the R46?

What do you mean?