BVEStation

Author Topic: The new R46 has been released.  (Read 69137 times)

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: The new R46 has been released.
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 02:02:04 am »
"It may or may not work on Mac; I cannot provide support for Mac users"

I have a Mac... I can do test it on Mac if you want
It wouldn't be a bad idea...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »
I like everything, except for the front rollsigns because they need to be slower a little bit. I'm having a hard time stopping it :(

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »
Well, I tried it on OSX Lion. After downloading a bunch of dependencies, I finally was able to launch the program... and crashed in about 5 seconds. Tried it again, got the train to load, but for some reason the train would just lurch forward even if it was on emergency brake. After stopping the train and closing the doors before moving, the train kept making a squeaking noise and wouldn't go over 30 MPH. Not to mention that every time you put the power handle to Neutral, the train would just slow down and stop as if the brakes were applied. The exterior didn't work at all. After waiting about 50,000 hours after pressing F2, the exterior showed up and openBVE promptly froze. Now I just use Boot Camp to install Windows 7 and openBVE works fine after that, provided that you update to the latest drivers.

However, I do have a bit of good news. If anybody is looking for a new laptop, a decent Ivy Bridge processor and Intel HD Graphics 4000 is enough to run the F line at 25-30 FPS. However, I had to use 1280x800 resolution, which was the highest supported by my screen, so don't expect to get a 1080P laptop and have the same performance.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 09:13:28 am »
Sometimes that problem with the R-46 occurs because people are charging the train wrong(I am guilty of making that mistake a few times but not recently)
Once everything is loaded the 1st thing you must do(well should do) is put the train in the Forward position then "z" so the brakes can charge up you can look at that by the "ctrl and b" keys at the same time and once the gauges are full you are fine to release the brakes fully(going from full service to accelerating or min brake".

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:26 am »
Sometimes that problem with the R-46 occurs because people are charging the train wrong(I am guilty of making that mistake a few times but not recently)
Once everything is loaded the 1st thing you must do(well should do) is put the train in the Forward position then "z" so the brakes can charge up you can look at that by the "ctrl and b" keys at the same time and once the gauges are full you are fine to release the brakes fully(going from full service to accelerating or min brake".
Even when I charge the train up the "right way" I still get the same issue. I'll just reload it and it should be fine. Sometimes, I just charge up the brakes and release slowly. Then I put the reverser in forward and go. Still, when OpenBVE doesn't crash, the brakes are a problem more than half the time
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline metzfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »
If i were to update mt computer Like Going from a Windows vista to a Windows 7 but on the same computer will it solve the lagging on the Train cause if i go to the exterior view it lags but its smooth in the cab view??

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »
If i were to update mt computer Like Going from a Windows vista to a Windows 7 but on the same computer will it solve the lagging on the Train cause if i go to the exterior view it lags but its smooth in the cab view??

No it wouldn't. Whether you get lag or not depends on your computer specs, not your OS.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »
No it wouldn't. Whether you get lag or not depends on your computer specs, not your OS.

Actually it will help some because Vista tends to use more memory than 7.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2012, 06:22:58 pm »
Actually it will help some because Vista tends to use more memory than 7.

Still, it would not make a major difference, let alone get rid of the lag altogether.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2012, 07:02:04 pm »
I would only expect something like an extra .5 of a frame per second.

The #1 bottleneck is without a doubt the users' graphics cards.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »
Even when I charge the train up the "right way" I still get the same issue. I'll just reload it and it should be fine. Sometimes, I just charge up the brakes and release slowly. Then I put the reverser in forward and go. Still, when OpenBVE doesn't crash, the brakes are a problem more than half the time
Interesting but don't forget I said sometimes the other times when the train is charged properly I can't explain lmao I just reset openbve.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »
Interesting but don't forget I said sometimes the other times when the train is charged properly I can't explain lmao I just reset openbve.
I'm pretty sure it's a bug with the train and/or OpenBVE. It happens with other trains as well.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »
Just turn the AI on and off really quickly at right after the simulator starts and everything will work fine.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:48 am »
I would only expect something like an extra .5 of a frame per second.

The #1 bottleneck is without a doubt the users' graphics cards.
Yeah, but as I have seen integrated graphics are getting more and more powerful. The Intel HD 4000 had a hard time loading the R46 exterior but the interior view ran the F line fine at 25-30FPS. Most new laptops these days in places Best Buy only have IGPs, so some good news is that budget conscious users can finally get cheaper computers if they only game they plan to play is openBVE. Who knows whether HD Graphics 5000 will be able to run most new openBVE content smoothly.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2012, 03:04:44 am »
That is true, Intel seems to have gotten the message than everyone got pissed off with their horrid graphics performance.

My Intel 965 abacus can't even manage 2 fps.... smh lol