BVEStation

Author Topic: NYC Subway Routes For BVE 5  (Read 12471 times)

Offline CMulcahy

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
NYC Subway Routes For BVE 5
« on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »
Anybody know are there NYC Subway Routes in development for BVE 5 and are the realease dates for them.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: NYC Subway Routes For BVE 5
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 05:47:40 pm »
As far as I know, there aren't any BVE5 routes in development here and probably won't be for some time since the majority of the objects used are in b3d format, which isn't read properly in the new train simulator.

By the way, there are never any release dates for any routes or trains since they just create frustration for not only the developers, but also the ones anticipating a new route or train at the posted date. That date usually comes and goes without a release and people start pestering the developers, which annoys everyone. Remember, people have lives outside of this train simulator and nobody makes any money off of this. Stand by, be patient and don't expect anything by a certain point of time. The routes and trains will be released as soon as possible.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »
I agree with lance bve 5 would require a whole new set of coding which would also halt a lot of route development because ever bve route builder would have to stop working on projects and learn how to code
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »
Sorry, but don't expect any soon; none of us have learned the new BVE5 methods yet so you're going to have to wait a bit on that one. At least not as far as I know anyway.

For now, I'd suggest sticking with OpenBVE as our most advanced content is currently being made for that simulator.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:57:56 pm »
If anything, wasn't there one route that was compatible with BVE5? The Franklin Ave shuttle was it?

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
Do you know how to install the franklin ave shuttle for bve 5, thanks :)

Offline Fumxe

• New Recruit
  • 42nd St Shuttle in the works!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:51:10 pm »
Well, learning to code is a good way but going directly to Mackoy or to a Japanese scenario creator would be helpful. I've spoken to some BVE 5 players about this and they recommend going directly to the developers but the website are in Japanese and Google Translate isn't doing a great job in "Translating" what most websites say.