BVEStation

Author Topic: Computer Question  (Read 15332 times)

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Question
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 09:05:27 am »
Thanks a lot for all your advice!!!

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »
how about the lenovo z570 intel core i5
is that a good one for bve and gta 4

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 09:40:04 pm »
my budget is : 500, but for the price i pay i sorta expect stunning graphics with absolutely nooooo lag
$500 is a pretty miniscule budget for a gaming computer....

anyways.. I would suggest you NOT get a laptop. They heat up pretty quickly and most aren't upgradeable.  Also, I don't know why, but openBVE has this weird inability to tell the graphics card to ramp up. My system with a i5 3570K @ 4.2 Ghz and a Radeon 7850 lags horribly on the R46 exterior because my graphics card remains at idle even in openBVE, which causes the game to lag as the R46 is pretty resource intensive. I've been trying to find ways to ramp up the graphics processor while playing openBVE, but so far, no luck. Since michelle has disappeared off to who knows where and openBVE has not been updated in almost a full calendar year, I don't know whether this issue will ever be fixed.

As I said before, its pretty hard to work with a small budget for someone who wants gaming performance. Here is what I can offer you for $600:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17292409

I couldn't include any hard drive, as it would have added too much onto the cost. You're going to have to reuse the hard drive you currently use. Another thing is that you will have to build this machine by yourself. You're going to have to do your homework, but the value of this machine far exceeds any piece of junk that Dell, HP or anyone else can offer. Custom built machines always offer better value than prebuilt ones.

The $500 systems listed above all have their own flaws. The FX 4130 is too weak to run GTA IV. The GT 610 is complete garbage and is not for gaming by any stretch of the imagination. For an extra $100, you can have a i3-3225, which is faster than the 4130, the GTX 660, which blows the GT 610 out of the water and with the rising cost of RAM these days (supply and demand), the 8GB of RAM adds on $70 to the cost of the prebuilt machines when you can get 4GB for $40 right now and hopefully when prices drop, you can get another 4GB stick to total 8GB. Last year, 4GB was only around $20 while 8GB kits were $40, unfortunately this  year RAM prices have skyrocketed and I personally wouldn't pay for 8GB of RAM at this moment in time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:44:44 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 10:57:14 pm »
$500 is a pretty miniscule budget for a gaming computer....

anyways.. I would suggest you NOT get a laptop. They heat up pretty quickly and most aren't upgradeable.  Also, I don't know why, but openBVE has this weird inability to tell the graphics card to ramp up. My system with a i5 3570K @ 4.2 Ghz and a Radeon 7850 lags horribly on the R46 exterior because my graphics card remains at idle even in openBVE, which causes the game to lag as the R46 is pretty resource intensive. I've been trying to find ways to ramp up the graphics processor while playing openBVE, but so far, no luck. Since michelle has disappeared off to who knows where and openBVE has not been updated in almost a full calendar year, I don't know whether this issue will ever be fixed.

As I said before, its pretty hard to work with a small budget for someone who wants gaming performance. Here is what I can offer you for $600:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17292409

I couldn't include any hard drive, as it would have added too much onto the cost. You're going to have to reuse the hard drive you currently use. Another thing is that you will have to build this machine by yourself. You're going to have to do your homework, but the value of this machine far exceeds any piece of junk that Dell, HP or anyone else can offer. Custom built machines always offer better value than prebuilt ones.

The $500 systems listed above all have their own flaws. The FX 4130 is too weak to run GTA IV. The GT 610 is complete garbage and is not for gaming by any stretch of the imagination. For an extra $100, you can have a i3-3225, which is faster than the 4130, the GTX 660, which blows the GT 610 out of the water and with the rising cost of RAM these days (supply and demand), the 8GB of RAM adds on $70 to the cost of the prebuilt machines when you can get 4GB for $40 right now and hopefully when prices drop, you can get another 4GB stick to total 8GB. Last year, 4GB was only around $20 while 8GB kits were $40, unfortunately this  year RAM prices have skyrocketed and I personally wouldn't pay for 8GB of RAM at this moment in time.
Is that already prebuilt or does he have to build it himself? Because no offense, but I don't think he knows how to build a desktop from scratch.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 11:31:59 pm »
Do you really want to play GTA 4 at like 60FPS on maximum settings?

It is practically impossible to find a pre-built system that meets your budget if this is your requirement.

The thing with GTA 4 though, is that its pretty much a direct port from the console versions, resulting in a terribly unoptimized experience for the PC.

If you really want something that will play everything else smoothly with decent graphics (in the medium range) then yes, your budget is perfect if you were to build your own system.  Its pretty hard to find one that is pre-built these days with all the right combination of hardware.

I recently bought a AMD A10-5800k which was rated as having best in class integrated graphics.  I paid about $300 for the system.  Granted I'm not looking to play all my games on maximum settings, and playing online multiplayer.  But I have ran all of the following games with excellent performance mainly on medium settings.
  • BioShock Infinite (Medium Settings)
  • Max Payne 3 (Medium Settings)
  • Battlefield 3 (Medium Settings)
  • Starcraft 2 (Medium-High Settings)
  • SimCity 2013 (Medium on 720p)
  • Minecraft (Maximum)
  • Portal 2 (Fairly old, but its great)
BVEStation.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 11:35:28 pm »
Is that already prebuilt or does he have to build it himself? Because no offense, but I don't think he knows how to build a desktop from scratch.
With the resources out there on the internet today, it does not take a genius to build a computer. He just has to be willing to watch a few tutorials on Youtube and learn
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches

@ipac: My overclocked i5 3570K and Radeon 7850 can runs GTA IV maxed out at only 30-35 fps. Unfortunately, GTA IV's well known stuttering glitch appears when the settings are maxed on my machine and I have to tune down the shadows... OP should be happy to attain medium high without any of the graphics enhancers (aka iCEnhancer)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:37:43 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:18:59 am »
thanks so much

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 03:25:06 pm »
With the resources out there on the internet today, it does not take a genius to build a computer. He just has to be willing to watch a few tutorials on Youtube and learn
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches

@ipac: My overclocked i5 3570K and Radeon 7850 can runs GTA IV maxed out at only 30-35 fps. Unfortunately, GTA IV's well known stuttering glitch appears when the settings are maxed on my machine and I have to tune down the shadows... OP should be happy to attain medium high without any of the graphics enhancers (aka iCEnhancer)
In my opinion, I would just buy the pre-made desktops on Newegg. AMD FX-Series FX-8120(3.1GHz), 8GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB HDD Capacity 7200rpm,AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB, and a 700 watt PSU for $500 is totally worth it for me.
Although the motherboard may not be that great and the GPU may not be the best, he could spend money on it and could make it even better.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229361
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:40:47 pm by AyooDess »

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »
Ended up geting lenovo z570 dreampad. had no control over it parents bought it for me, i cn always return it (to costco)
i played bve and im impressed. i played the (Q) to Brighton wit the new R46 and got 35 fps, i think thts good

it was 599.99 the computer

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 10:16:24 pm »
Well, it has a HD 4000 so you'll be able to run interiors properly but the exteriors with a lot of 3D objects such as the R32 and R46 you won't be able to run. Forget about GTA IV on the HD 4000 as well :P

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 10:24:19 pm »
the r46 exterior worked with 25 fps (i think)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 12:13:58 am »
What resolution?

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile