BVEStation

Author Topic: More Support for openBVE on Mac?  (Read 8624 times)

Offline mine248

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
More Support for openBVE on Mac?
« on: August 27, 2017, 01:17:42 am »
Like maybe do these things:

• Touch Bar Support on the new MacBook Pros so that we don’t have to hit command-option-F5 (for example)
  • Add Metal 2 support (once macOS High Sierra is released)
  • A better looking application in terms of the pickers and adding more macOS API stuff

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: More Support for openBVE on Mac?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
There was somewhere you can contact developers for this, but I can't find it right now. Either way, you would have to contact the developers to include support for such features.

Offline mine248

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 02:08:33 am »
There was somewhere you can contact developers for this, but I can't find it right now. Either way, you would have to contact the developers to include support for such features.
So maybe Dj Hammers or someone else that maintains the openBVE software for Mac?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 05:37:58 pm »
So maybe Dj Hammers or someone else that maintains the openBVE software for Mac?

Dj Hammers and most of the people on this site develop FOR OpenBVE. There might be a developer here who develops OpenBVE, but I don't know who. You can search around on the OpenBVE site and see if there is a link to contact the developers of OpenBVE for inquires into implementing features.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:28:36 am »
Dj Hammers and most of the people on this site develop FOR OpenBVE. There might be a developer here who develops OpenBVE, but I don't know who. You can search around on the OpenBVE site and see if there is a link to contact the developers of OpenBVE for inquires into implementing features.
Leezer3 develops OpenBVE I believe, you can contact him on BVE Worldwide website. He's a nice guy he sure will help you, I already talked to him a while ago regarding OpenBVE v1.5.1.2 and he helped a lot.

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:44:38 pm »
I had to transfer my files to a new Mac computer after my old one crashed. The prob;lem is that openBVE always quits unexpectedly whenever I try to open. I don't know if this is to do with OS X El capitan but my version of openBVE which I had on my old computer does not work on my new one. it is 1.5.0.10 Please help
Leezer3 develops OpenBVE I believe, you can contact him on BVE Worldwide website. He's a nice guy he sure will help you, I already talked to him a while ago regarding OpenBVE v1.5.1.2 and he helped a lot.
Just an amateur train developer.

Offline MP89

• New Recruit
  • MP89 lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
Try to upgrade to Sierra ( the latest version )

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »
Try to upgrade to Sierra ( the latest version )
I will do. But does openBVE work alright on that? I was using Yosemite before el capitan and openBVE worked fine with that
Just an amateur train developer.

Offline MP89

• New Recruit
  • MP89 lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:38:10 pm »
Yep it works fine for me it’s a MacBook Pro that I bought last year but it’s the mid 2015 model and no problems with the latest version of OB.