BVEStation

Author Topic: The new advertisements released by MTA  (Read 8777 times)

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
The new advertisements released by MTA
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »
The little brother of error46146

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Re: The new advertisements released by MTA
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:00 pm »
...I like the auto announcement on the first one
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »

I thought only R160A, R160B, R142A, R142, R143, etc. had auto announcements, not the R62

Offline dman1455

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 08:18:03 pm »

I thought only R160A, R160B, R142A, R142, R143, etc. had auto announcements, not the R62

They edited it on the computer... duh

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »
The MTA has now relaunched its newest round of TV, to advertise about the "If You See Something, Say Something".

Here are the four clips from the website:

If You See Something, Say Something - Subway - Spring 2011

If You See Something, Say Something - Metro-North - Spring 2011

If You See Something, Say Something - Bus - Spring 2011

If You See Something, Say Something - LIRR - Spring 2011

fell free to see the website: http://www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=235

Please note that there is a problem with the videos. Please click the link if the video dosen't show.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »
That's exactly why I brought it up
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »
"This is...Times Sq - 32 Street" :)

On another note, these ads really do give me the chills.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 01:45:01 am »
The whole "If you see something say something" campaign generates a lot of false positives. You end up getting is countless reports really stupid things like extremely socially averse foamers and nervous businessmen looking at their watch constantly. Its a great program but a lot of people who don't understand that some people are different tend to call in hundreds of false positives.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:42:00 pm by Dj Hammers »

Offline Rikabs

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 01:24:11 pm »
The whole "If you see something say something" campaign is stupid. All you end up getting is countless reports of extremely socially averse foamers obsessively taking pictures (Things like sprinting after leaving trains on a crowded platform to take a pic) and yelling at others to not get in their shot.

LOL. I didn't know foamers actually went as far as doing this. But this doesn't happen only in the train world. People can get kicked off around airport perimeter by security guards when taking pictures/videos of planes landing even though they aren't really trespassing as they didn't jump the fence. Taking pictures must be a real security threat nowadays...

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »
The whole "If you see something say something" campaign is stupid.
Really? The 2010 Times Square bombing was thwarted because a street vendor saw smoke from a abondoned car and told a nearby cop. He saw something, and said something about it. I think that it is a good thing to tell people who ride public transportation to be aware of suspicious acitvity. 

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06:22 pm »
Just to let you guys know...this post has nothing to do with the automated announcements on an R62, foamers, or photography. Its about the fact that a single package could possibly lead to a dangerous problem.

The whole "If you see something say something" campaign is stupid.

I honestly don't feel bad by saying this, but if there is a package under your seat and it starts beeping, I hope you flash back to what you said in this topic.

A similar event happened at Grand Central a couple of years back, and we were unsuccessful at deactivating it, and it took lives. I haven't seen any packages yet, but if I do(obviously I can't call anyone in the subway) i'll take a picture of it, because I usually always have my camera with me.

BStyles

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 02:32:18 pm »
The whole "If you see something say something" campaign is stupid. All you end up getting is countless reports of extremely socially averse foamers obsessively taking pictures (Things like sprinting after leaving trains on a crowded platform to take a pic) and yelling at others to not get in their shot.

LOL. I didn't know foamers actually went as far as doing this. But this doesn't happen only in the train world. People can get kicked off around airport perimeter by security guards when taking pictures/videos of planes landing even though they aren't really trespassing as they didn't jump the fence. Taking pictures must be a real security threat nowadays...

PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT A CRIME!!!

I really dont know where this anti photography trend comes from; i've read things about how it comes from movies how people who spy would do so with a camera and other things, idk.

Personally i feel banning photography means that you are hiding something and you do not want proof of it to be exposed. iirc PATH banned photography well before 9/11 not because of any security reasons, but they did not want people taking photos of the graffiti.

It's pathetic and hypocritical of people to see photography as some kind of evil terrorist activity, how would they like it if they were punished just because they wanted to take some vacation photos?

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 04:45:08 pm »
PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT A CRIME!!!

I really dont know where this anti photography trend comes from; i've read things about how it comes from movies how people who spy would do so with a camera and other things, idk.

Personally i feel banning photography means that you are hiding something and you do not want proof of it to be exposed. iirc PATH banned photography well before 9/11 not because of any security reasons, but they did not want people taking photos of the graffiti.

It's pathetic and hypocritical of people to see photography as some kind of evil terrorist activity, how would they like it if they were punished just because they wanted to take some vacation photos?

There's a fine line between taking a picture of someone smiling on the platform versus zooming in at a punch box  standing there for almost an hour observing the mechanisms. Photography isn't a crime, but you should be aware of WHAT YOU ARE FILMING. To the average person waiting for their train, you would undoubtedly arose suspicion when you're taking a video not of the train, but of the signals and the tripcocks ect.

@DJ Hammers, the campaign is not stupid. We live in New York City, if you've forgotten, and we are a target for foreign and domestic terrorists. You never know if that bag sitting in the corner of the subway car will be the last thing you see. I encourage everyone to report suspicious activity. Remember, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »
i'll say this much, if it werent for me and others busting our asses to get photos of the signals and punch boxes and other "suspicious" things we wouldn't be using those nice textures we have for bve

suspicious-looking unattended bags are obviously a different story which have nothing to do with the photography issue