BVEStation

Author Topic: [RELEASED] (WIP) Official Update Thread for the R40 Slant, R40M, and R42  (Read 115624 times)

Offline CoronaYards

• New Recruit
  • Developer of the Redbirds. Hmu on AIM Phoenix.
    • View Profile
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice man, you gonna work on the Post-GOH afterwards or just leave it as the Pre-GOH?
When I develop, I always put on a 9th Wonder beat tape. The work gets done mad quick.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy nice man, you gonna work on the Post-GOH afterwards or just leave it as the Pre-GOH?
Thanks! Yeah I'm also planning to update Post GOH R40/M/42.

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
A nice update on the R42 :)
New completely hand coded bonnet... yes, hand coded, no sketchup! and some new interior rollsign that needs to get reworked on later, underbody and door indicators remain and some texture glitches will be fixed; and different car numbers will be added (just like the R32) for the future mixed graffiti/clean, new/old rollsign mid 1970s version consist. Enjoy the pics!

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Any cab pics?

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Any cab pics?
I was about to post an update about it:

New R40M/42 3D cab, still WIP:

New floor and door textures:

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Very nice!

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Due to a lot of inactivity on this damn dead website where admins and some developers weren't active since ages, I will probably not post any updates until the full release of the trains, sorry but cannot be asked anymore to make posts if only very few people are often active. I wish it was still like the early 2010s, too bad I didn't join in those times.
Maybe I'll post sometimes but it will be extremely rare, well just like any other forum on this website...
What's the point of keeping this website alive anyways if most of the content are released only on facebook groups or on Youtube, close this website already it's useless, I might sound mad but I don't care because it's the truth.

EDIT: Since people are starting to rate me down, i'll clear this more: for me It's not for the content, because I'm part of a Facebook group as well and I have enough stuff on OpenBVE (folder is 40GB), it's just sad for others and new members of the bve community to not enjoy most of released stuff on Facebook because they expect BVE Station is where most of content is being released which is wrong, don't get me wrong, some people still release stuff on their forums like me (the beta 1973 A Line, and I really respect them for that (the R68/142/A and the 5 line for example), but to me it's mainly the inactivity of this website that bothers me, looking at some old forums, it's back in 2014-2015 that BVE station seemed to be fun... but anyways, I'll still post some of my updates even if I don't really see the point here... Anyways sorry for that particular post but I had to point this out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:10:37 pm by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Great work, I may not log in often and reply but I'm always watching progress and keeping up to date. Amazing work! OpenBVE is miles ahead of what it once was when I first joined the original website back in 2009. Thank you a million times over for contributing to our community. LONG LIVE BVE STATION!

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Thank you, I'm glad you are, but I wish more activity would be going on here, when I first logged on BVEStation and started my 1970s routes and Art forums, I kept going on the website every day to expect people supporting me, yes: some people were and still are and I thank them, even some admins were helping me with some issues, but as time went by, still going on the website every week and seeing that it's literally desert, I realized it's saddly not worth anymore. And the worst part is that most of admins were not active since a while, I feel like they don't care anymore.
I know they have jobs and stuff but what happened after the early 2010s that BVE Station became literally desert? Why is nowadays the NYCTA BVE community divided in small groups that hate each other? Maybe I think because of kids breaking copyright rules and stuff and that's probably why content is not being publicly released anymore? I don't know!
Anyways I prefer to stick to the topic because looking at my rating some people disagree or are just mad at me, but I don't care anyways they can keep on rating me down as much as they want, who cares afterall. But that's the sad truth about the community nowadays...

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
I know what you mean, especially after 2015 BVEStation has gotten noticeably less active. I do notice spikes in activity when major content is being released, otherwise not so much. I'd say people are impatient or are only here for the downloads, who really knows.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Yeah...
Anyways decided to at least let people know I'm working on the R40M. The late 1970s and 1980s R42 will be worked on when I finish the late 1960s-early 1970s R40M and R40 Slant:

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline LJSubway

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
I;m still here and this is beautiful work. If you love this then keep on going. I look forward to this release

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
Just stopping by to say, wow. These look professionally done. You should consider releasing these as objects not just for bve, but as 3D models for other games or commercial use.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Just stopping by to say, wow. These look professionally done. You should consider releasing these as objects not just for bve, but as 3D models for other games or commercial use.
I;m still here and this is beautiful work. If you love this then keep on going. I look forward to this release
Thanks a lot guys, the trains will be released in June or July depending on how the development goes.
And I already had a thought about converting the train to other games such as GTA IV, since I worked on a 1970s GTA IV a while ago, but I prefer to stay with bve for now and stick to my huge 1970s NYCTA routes project which can extend to 5 years of work haha

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for creating amazing content for us to enjoy!