Community > Photography

Railfan Harassment at Northport LIRR

(1/1)

Fan Railer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDIeH6b4lg#
If you can, watch this on YouTube and read the description; it provides more context to the actual situation.

Simon:
You may want to change the title of your video. The "white trash" label is unnecessary. Just leaving it as ignorant man would be a more professional way to handle things.

Fan Railer:

--- Quote from: Simon on August 14, 2014, 11:20:08 pm ---You may want to change the title of your video. The "white trash" label is unnecessary. Just leaving it as ignorant man would be a more professional way to handle things.

--- End quote ---
I agree... The label is my way to vent a little bit for the time being. I'll probably edit that back out by tomorrow.

WestEndMan:
I'm not going to get into an argument about it, but as far as your comment about "People think they're entitled around here" is sort of ignorant. As a person who lives on Eastern L.I., its not about entitlement. People around there see the same ppl everyday, in and around town, on the platforms, parking areas & so on. Maybe the guy was an a-hole, maybe not. When theres something not of the normal (someone filming trains), then yeah, people are gonna call it out.

Fan Railer:

--- Quote from: WestEndMan on August 15, 2014, 04:10:53 pm ---I'm not going to get into an argument about it, but as far as your comment about "People think they're entitled around here" is sort of ignorant. As a person who lives on Eastern L.I., its not about entitlement. People around there see the same ppl everyday, in and around town, on the platforms, parking areas & so on. Maybe the guy was an a-hole, maybe not. When theres something not of the normal (someone filming trains), then yeah, people are gonna call it out.

--- End quote ---
Fair point. As you can tell, in the heat of the situation, I was generalizing, which I will admit that in hindsight of 99% of situations, is never a proper thing to do. Of course there are plenty of decent people out in eastern LI, but in that moment, the actions of this guy don't exactly portray a good image of the makeup of the community.

Then again, I would point out that there is a fair amount of difference between simply calling someone out on something and calling someone "a fucking terrorist," walking away, AND THEN coming back to be a huge ass about it. In that perspective, I do not believe I was completely out of line in regards to my eventual verbal reaction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version