BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Offical Update Thread for the (7) Flushing Local/Express  (Read 50598 times)

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Offical Update Thread for the (7) Flushing Local/Express
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2017, 03:46:36 pm »
Keep up the good work!

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 11:10:52 pm »
Current Progress On the (7) So Far:

Phase 1:
34 Street-Hudson Yards: 20% (Redoing station to be accurate)
Times Square-42 Street: 99% (Mini stuff still left to do.)
5th Avenue: 59% (redoing station pitches)
Grand Central-42 St: 90% (Only thing remaining is the roof light objects)
Vernon Blvd-Jackson: 100%
Hunters Point Avenue: 100%

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
  • Third year as Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 11:37:02 pm »
Current Progress On the (7) So Far:

Phase 1:
34 Street-Hudson Yards: 20% (Redoing station to be accurate)
Times Square-42 Street: 99% (Mini stuff still left to do.)
5th Avenue: 59% (redoing station pitches)
Grand Central-42 St: 90% (Only thing remaining is the roof light objects)
Vernon Blvd-Jackson: 100%
Hunters Point Avenue: 100%

Why dont you post pictures on here then...?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 12:42:33 am »
I know I am a little late to the party here, but you (@Ztraintobroad) say you are going to announce something big, right?
Here is the thing (actually a few really):
1. We all knew you were working on the 7, that is not news lol.
2. If you say you are going to announce something big on BVEStation, but post all the pics on Facebook, specifically UTMS (short for United Transportation Modeling, Simulation, & Development, for those who do not use Facebook here), how is that something big? Even with all of those pics that you posted, you could have placed them here.
3. This is your thread since you created it, right? Go wild with the pics here also lol. You probably forgot that you blocked some people on Facebook, so they can't view them in the group. This is most likely the reason why @WizDaGamer is asking for pics.
4. You can tell people whatever they want. PICTURES make a world of a difference when describing progress. Sure drop percentages and all, but some people prefer screenshots. I'm not saying you are supposed to please others, but if you want people to believe what you are doing (I am assuming some have their doubts), screenshots don't hurt. Show the horrible aspects of route coding and the good parts too. Keeping everything under wraps just makes people suspicious.

You hyped up some folks on here for some screenshots of a route that could be announced with regular post. Yes, it is your thread, and you can do whatever you want, but what you did is called a bait and switch. Plain and simple. "Something big" usually means that a route/train is being released, a route\train is nearly available for release with some errors that are being ironed out, or extremely significant changes. Now you might think this is a post to come down hard on you or because I dislike you, go ahead. Think whatever you want lol. I see it as constructive criticism to help you become a better person.

Congrats on your progress with the 7. It looks like you know what you are doing with the route and the train.

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 12:44:34 am »
o_o

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:12 am »
I know I am a little late to the party here, but you (@Ztraintobroad) say you are going to announce something big, right?
Here is the thing (actually a few really):
1. We all knew you were working on the 7, that is not news lol.
2. If you say you are going to announce something big on BVEStation, but post all the pics on Facebook, specifically UTMS (short for United Transportation Modeling, Simulation, & Development, for those who do not use Facebook here), how is that something big? Even with all of those pics that you posted, you could have placed them here.
3. This is your thread since you created it, right? Go wild with the pics here also lol. You probably forgot that you blocked some people on Facebook, so they can't view them in the group. This is most likely the reason why @WizDaGamer is asking for pics.
4. You can tell people whatever they want. PICTURES make a world of a difference when describing progress. Sure drop percentages and all, but some people prefer screenshots. I'm not saying you are supposed to please others, but if you want people to believe what you are doing (I am assuming some have their doubts), screenshots don't hurt. Show the horrible aspects of route coding and the good parts too. Keeping everything under wraps just makes people suspicious.

You hyped up some folks on here for some screenshots of a route that could be announced with regular post. Yes, it is your thread, and you can do whatever you want, but what you did is called a bait and switch. Plain and simple. "Something big" usually means that a route/train is being released, a route\train is nearly available for release with some errors that are being ironed out, or extremely significant changes. Now you might think this is a post to come down hard on you or because I dislike you, go ahead. Think whatever you want lol. I see it as constructive criticism to help you become a better person.

Congrats on your progress with the 7. It looks like you know what you are doing with the route and the train.

No no, it's all right. I love to get criticism for my work, it helps me better it. The main reason why I said something big was coming was because of the combined new beta R142A and the 7 together, which is why I said it was big. I understand tho, thank you.

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »
Waiting for a response from my question.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 09:35:07 am »
I was able to create CBTC SIGNALS for the 7 line, only issue is that the signals turn off when trains aren't in close proximity to each other which really defeats the whole purpose of having them. However, I'm working on a DLL file which will allow R188's to interact with the signals like they do in real life.

And Wiz, can you be patient, I'm trying to add some stuff to Times Square, then I'll post pictures.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:53:20 pm by Ztraintobroad »

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »
What are you talking about? I'm not downgrading you... I didn't even know we had a rating system. Yes Phase 1 is finished, but look at the percentage. I said it was 99% complete, not 100%...

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »
So...is this about development, or is this a place for you two to argue? Let's try to keep it civil and stay on topic.

It would be wise to post screenshots that you previously posted on UTMS here. Not everyone has access to that page and I doubt they want to come to this site looking for status updates only to have to be referred elsewhere.

BStyles

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2017, 12:32:12 pm »
Apologies BSTYLES.

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2017, 12:58:29 pm »
Thank you. I will delete my posts now.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2017, 05:15:48 pm »
WizDaGamer, you can now check the Official IRT thread for the pictures.