BVEStation

Author Topic: Brighton Express Service Returns October 3rd  (Read 10100 times)

Offline nightmare403

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Express Service Returns October 3rd
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:03:55 pm »
guys its true :D   Express service resumes in Brooklyn
All times, beginning 6 AM Monday, Oct 3

Trains will make express stops at Brighton Beach, Sheepshead Bay,
Kings Hwy, Newkirk Plaza, Church Av and Prospect Pk.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Brighton Express Service Returns October 3rd
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
As of today, I've been a Brighton rider for 23 years and a couple of days.  I guess yeah the rail fan window was a blast indeed, but for me I guess times changed majority of my interest has went to automotive but I do have that sweet heart spot for my transit.  I'm trying to just say that I don't get that broken heart type of feeling if I don't see a R40 rolling down Brighton.  Best way for me to explain it.
I was very young when I was riding the R40 Slants daily, so it was a very different dynamic for me. Literally the first thing I really encountered in my life as something that I called "fun" was that big window up in the front. My earliest childhood memories come from that piece of glass they slapped on the storm door.

Those daily rides down to Brighton Beach were quite literally everything and the only thing I looked forward to back in those days.
For some people, they had their stuffed bear or blanket that they carried everywhere and absolutely adored, for me it was that window.

So when they retired the R40 Slants, it was almost as if that childhood object that you always had with you was simply destroyed.