BVEStation

Author Topic: NYCTA (T) Line Tottenville (SIR) to 125 St. Broadway via 2nd Ave using Sketchup  (Read 1786 times)

Offline GG_Train

• New Recruit
  • Rating: +0/-0
  • BVEStation Member and Developer
    • View Profile
Having some issue with FPS and loading times.  I need to assess some of my work, so I am revamping the route.  Stay tuned.
Joe

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Rating: +17/-5
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
Updates are slow, but work is being done. In order to get quicker rendering, the number of faces must be reduced.  This image is of Girard Street in Tottenville looking towards the tracks.  Originally this view which is is 25 meter section had 12000 faces. It now has only 2000 with better detail because the textures are image files rather than vectors. An automobile that once had 500 faces now has 25. A bus with 1200 faces now has 55. More textures have to be loaded, so I am not sure if there is a downside to that.

Excellent work. Very good when it comes to scenery and track layout. Just make sure that most people can run the game. Your route wont gain much support if members are unable to play it. But very good work.

Offline GG_Train

• New Recruit
  • Rating: +0/-0
  • BVEStation Member and Developer
    • View Profile
Yes. That is why I am looking at it more closely.  Sometimes a simple revamp of a .csv file used as a repeated image to reduce the amount of faces will be enough to render images quickly to make the game acceptable. It's long and tedious work.
Joe