BVEStation

Author Topic: Want to build a skeleton but don't know how?  (Read 6119 times)

Offline Lexington456

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
Want to build a skeleton but don't know how?
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »
DRT has mastered the construction and engineering of skeletons for fictional routes! If you desire to build a route but don't know how to start construction on it, then contact me, Lexington456 here on BVEStation or at jason.diamond@yahoo.com, or on aim, mrdiiamond27. I will either teach you how to build one yourself, or just build it for you so you can detail it and create a fictional route

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Want to build a skeleton but don't know how?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:24:19 am »
In my opinion any prospective route builder should know how to build a route from scratch to the very end, and not learn to work on skeletons.  Skeletons are merely a concept that was created for the efficiency of creating our non-fictional routes in an almost assembly line like fashion.  As most of us do not have the accurate route information.  So for all you modern developers, the word Skeletons doest not exist, especially for fictional routes.  I'm sure all of us who are working on skeletons for non-fictionals know how to build a route from scratch, and we have proved it with our own fictionals.

I urge all prospective developers to learn 100% and not 50%  ;)  It will be more satisfying and you'll learn a lot more.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:26:48 am by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Lexington456

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:03:40 am »
I agree with you on this Kevin, but while the term skeleton still exists in my dictionary. After all, if users want to learn how to develop routes, they have to learn how to lay tracks, walls, and platforms, right? The rest will come

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »
Along with Lexington456, I can serve assistance in two weeks via Teamspeak. If you need any contact, please contact a DRT representative at 1-800-DRT.....lmao just kidding...

You may contact Lexington456 at the above contact information. As for myself, he will relay the messages to me.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:55:59 pm »
I think this is kinda counter-productive. People won't ever learn anything if you make skeletons for them. Hell creating a skeleton is like half of the work right there lol

Offline Lexington456

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »
Yeah but the people who asked me to help want to be taught. So it's like route building

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 03:53:53 pm »
so then teach them, don't do their work for them lol

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:02 pm »
Exactly, Skeletons only exists because as a concept that was made up by Joe (really) to prevent users from recreating non-fictional routes that were already created.  Other developers would then be able to detail the skeleton as half of the work was already done, again used to speed up development in an assembly line fashion.  If a new developer wants to learn, they should learn from scratch, and not taught to be working in an assembly line.
BVEStation.