BVEStation

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 6456 times)

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:20 pm »
What do the run numbers on buses represent? Say I have a B47 run #15 or so, what would that mean?
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »
What do the run numbers on buses represent? Say I have a B47 run #15 or so, what would that mean?

My guess is that the designation is just for internal purposes to keep track of scheduling and employee assignments and whatnot.

Someone on the inside would be able to elaborate on that to much greater detail.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:16:58 pm »
Are you talking about the numbers on the bottom of the windshield near the doors?

I presume they are to determine how many runs the bus itself has run on it's life.  I can't remember if that was the literal answer.  Should talk about look over at the NYC Transit Forums if you can't find the answer on here.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »
Are you talking about the numbers on the bottom of the windshield near the doors?

I presume they are to determine how many runs the bus itself has run on it's life.  I can't remember if that was the literal answer.  Should talk about look over at the NYC Transit Forums if you can't find the answer on here.

Yea. I was talking about the numbers near the doors in the windshield.
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:43:53 pm »

The "005" is what you mean? If I'm thinking what you're thinking, I think it's some emergency access number. IIRC, some C40LF's (The 1999,2000 ones) have a sticker pointing to it and what it does.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

The "005" is what you mean? If I'm thinking what you're thinking, I think it's some emergency access number. IIRC, some C40LF's (The 1999,2000 ones) have a sticker pointing to it and what it does.

Yea. That's what I mean
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 05:20:53 pm »

Yea. That's what I mean
If you want, I'll take a look on a C40LF or Orion bus tomorrow

Offline Phantom909

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »

My guess is that the designation is just for internal purposes to keep track of scheduling and employee assignments and whatnot.

Someone on the inside would be able to elaborate on that to much greater detail.

Fan Railer is correct. When the schedules are made they set them up as "runs" Each run has a schedule. That #006 on the pic above would mean this bus is Run #5 on whatever route its on. TA Dispatchers will stand at corners and record hat time the bus got there and then check that runs timetable to see if the bus is early\late\or on time

Joe