BVEStation

Author Topic: Graphic card  (Read 3653 times)

Offline TyroneR44

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Graphic card
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
How do i update my graphic card on my computer for like example the new r46 and r32 ?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic card
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:01 pm »
How do i update my graphic card on my computer for like example the new r46 and r32 ?
1)Open up your start menu
2)Right Click on My Computer and select Manage
3)A Program called Computer Management will open up, click on device manager on the left pane:

4)Go to Display Adapters:

5)Click on that to open it up, right click the display adapter listed and click update driver software:

6)A window will open up and click on the first option (Search automatically for updated driver software) and your computer will search online and on your device for the latest drivers:

7)If an update is available, follow the instructions, If not, you'll see:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:55:54 pm by Pacific385 »

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:30:49 pm »
Not exactly the best way to do it, since Windows Update almost never has updated drivers. To get most up to date drivers, go find your display adapter

And look for the graphics card name. Mine says AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, therefore I would go to AMD.com and download the latest drivers from there. If it says nVidia GeForce xxx, then you would go to nvidia.com and download drivers. If your laptop says something similar to Pacific's Device Manager, where it lists something like:

Intel HD Graphics 4000
nVidia GeForce GT 540M

Then you would download drivers for the non-Intel graphics card. If it only lists something from Intel, don't bother. Even Intel's fastest GPU (the HD 4000) would lag on both trains.

Offline CTAredlineNYCTace

• New Recruit
  • Future New York City Transit Authority Employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:23 pm »
You know it's funny you guys are showing this member how to do this because I had to learn it the hard way. Lol. That's how I ended up just buying a new graphics card but not to run BVE but to run TML studios World of Subways Path edition. Then I found out it was a good thing I did that because later I would need it to run OpenBVE too. Best $150.00 I've ever spent. Oh and did I mention I installed it myself. Thank god for PCI express drives. So if all of the above doesn't work, head on down to your local computer store and pick up a new graphics card. With the way technology is going and the complexity of the trains designs are panning out, If you don't need it now you soon will.
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(