BVEStation

Author Topic: Curious about downloading files problems  (Read 3642 times)

Offline stuboy

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Curious about downloading files problems
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »
I am new to this program and having some problems loading files , some file  down loads for trains and routes were seemingly interrupted .I loaded the standard game from Caiman, and the BVE site , but once i started to try getting trains and routes things just would not work .I have tried all versions several times removing and reloading but can only get the japanese ones to work .I am not sure of updates and I know theres files prior to 2007 that dont work , i avoided them for that reason

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Curious about downloading files problems
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:12:49 pm »
If you can be specific of which version of BVE you are using, and which routes you are downloading, we can better locate and help you with your problem.
BVEStation.

Offline stuboy

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:35 am »
I have attempted to use openbve and load as much tracks and trains as practical .I did reload it again and got one line to work and have now tried loading to cd rom until i sort out my hard drive .I think some files may have stopped loading if I already have them , but have made note of the ones that were interrupted during download

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:41:11 pm »
Re-download all the routes/trains you were downloading.  If your download was interrupted then chances are you are missing a lot of files.

Offline stuboy

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:17:19 am »
Thanks for that , I tried to skip the lines i didnt have info for , and loaded it to CD first .I got some lines working , and then started getting read errors , also I found some trains required for routes , werent listed in the trains area to download and I wasnt sure what I could put on those lines ,I will try to reload the programs all in one file because they were scattered all through different files somehow .I have wiped it all now and will keep trying until I get it all done right .