BVEStation

Author Topic: Why does NYCTA run so poorly in newer versions?  (Read 8562 times)

Offline TheOne10118

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Why does NYCTA run so poorly in newer versions?
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »
Textures pop in and out, and some routes just won't load at all. These routes are the 1, the D, the F, the 6, and other highly detailed routes. I have all dependencies, and I would just like to figure out why this is happening on newer versions.

1.4.3 works fine though.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
Re: Why does NYCTA run so poorly in newer versions?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:41:41 am »
I have exactly the same issue, the newer versions of OpenBVE doesn't work at all with some NYCTA Routes and trains.
According to your post, you are probably using the v1.5.1.0 which is the worst: lags, blinking textures, white textures, the whole cab was white with only the locked doors indicator and the speedometer showing up as I was loading the R46 on the F, some routes like the B, D, and 6 will crash the game at 50% and come back at the main menu, either showing an error message or sometimes not, Then I tried the v1.5.1.2, it was better: no lags, no blinking textures, no missing textures at all, but still crashes at 50% when loading these routes,except the 6 train that managed to load somehow, but after I downloaded the LisaRaye 2 object pack, didn't load anymore, and still the same problem with the white cab when loading a R40 Slant or other SMEE on the F line, but after several attempts I managed to load proprely the train, the cab was showing up, but then an error message appeared on the top left corner saying that the train plugin could not be loaded, resulting in nonfunctional rollsigns. then I tried the 1.5.512.1319-travis version and the B and D lines succesfully loaded, but everything was missing: tunnels, tracks, except the third rail and the signals. And instead of the white cab, it didn't even show up, I could only see the brake levers, the speedometer display and then the tracks on the F line.
And the v1.4.3 works fine with me as well, but I would love to have the newer versions because it has better features.

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline TheOne10118

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:51:15 am »
Let's hope this issue is resolved soon.

Offline NYCT_Railer

• New Recruit
  • Ye Olde Website!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »
I have exactly the same issue, the newer versions of OpenBVE doesn't work at all with some NYCTA Routes and trains.
According to your post, you are probably using the v1.5.1.0 which is the worst: lags, blinking textures, white textures, the whole cab was white with only the locked doors indicator and the speedometer showing up as I was loading the R46 on the F, some routes like the B, D, and 6 will crash the game at 50% and come back at the main menu, either showing an error message or sometimes not, Then I tried the v1.5.1.2, it was better: no lags, no blinking textures, no missing textures at all, but still crashes at 50% when loading these routes,except the 6 train that managed to load somehow, but after I downloaded the LisaRaye 2 object pack, didn't load anymore, and still the same problem with the white cab when loading a R40 Slant or other SMEE on the F line, but after several attempts I managed to load proprely the train, the cab was showing up, but then an error message appeared on the top left corner saying that the train plugin could not be loaded, resulting in nonfunctional rollsigns. then I tried the 1.5.512.1319-travis version and the B and D lines succesfully loaded, but everything was missing: tunnels, tracks, except the third rail and the signals. And instead of the white cab, it didn't even show up, I could only see the brake levers, the speedometer display and then the tracks on the F line.
And the v1.4.3 works fine with me as well, but I would love to have the newer versions because it has better features.
Those new versions are most likely LEAKED or in Beta, I tried those versions too and same thing as you described above happens. 1.4.3 is an official stable version,  so that's a possible reason why 1.4.3 runs smoothly and fine. (my computer Has a Great Graphics card and processor btw, so it's just the newer versions)

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 03:34:37 pm »
Me too, I have an i3 processor which isn't that bad, a geforce 610m 2GB graphic card and 6GB of RAM and can get 60 fps in the cab view and 15 fps in the exterior view on high detailed trains such as the R68 and the R46. But you said that the newer versions are in Beta, although my version is 1.4.3.1-dev (development) and works very good as well.
And thank you for letting me know, hopefully an official stable of the newer versions will be available soon.

1960 - 1970s Lover

TrainKidKris

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 03:44:46 pm »
What are some of the errors you are having cause I made a video last week about this.

https://youtu.be/Ho4xL9LXYiI

Yeah posted the ad from the video
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:52:45 am by TrainKidKris »

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 03:34:59 am »
Lol are you sure it's the right video???

1960 - 1970s Lover

TrainKidKris

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 07:53:12 am »
https://youtu.be/Ho4xL9LXYiI

I copied the ad my bad

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:24 am »
Well it might be helpful but I think it will not solve the other problems that I had with the newer versions, I will just stay with the v1.4.3 version.
Also, it's gonna be a little bit off topic, but there's one more little thing that I want to figure out and fix so I can definetly be happy with the older version which is: on some trains like the Pre GOH 32 , the R27 and the R30, the exterior camera is based on the trucks and not on the car, so when I ride as a passenger I can see the car sway everywhere. With the newer versions there's a possibility to switch to other cars in the exterior view and stick the camera on the car or the trucks, it's just a question if you know how to fix the exterior camera on those trains, if you don't just forget about that and let's stick to the topic.

1960 - 1970s Lover

TrainKidKris

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 12:36:14 pm »
Use F2 the defaulted camera. The main point was did it work for you because bve has a memory reading cap at 2GB of ram which crashes