BVEStation

Author Topic: Train creation tutorial *EXTERIOR*  (Read 7124 times)

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Train creation tutorial *EXTERIOR*
« on: March 25, 2011, 07:04:05 pm »
Hey guys, anyone happen to know (yes I tried searching with no results) where I could find (the) tutorial(s) for *external/exterior* train design? Yes I got the whole how to develop trains tutorial on BVEStation's Develop section. There isn't anything about the exterior aspect. Anyone know where I could get these resources? I would like to make some of my very own trains, but would like to also make the exterior rather than seeing a big white rectangle. Thanks much!!

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Train creation tutorial *EXTERIOR*
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
You need to know .b3d / .csv / .animated file coding in order to make any object in openbve. then you can make anything.

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:30 pm »
Ahhh I see. So once I make these file types, they basically replace the default white rectangle, correct?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:25:32 pm »
Ahhh I see. So once I make these file types, they basically replace the default white rectangle, correct?
yep, you just create a file called extensions.cfg (that's probably the easiest thing in the whole thing) and put the names of the files in it and it'd be there

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 05:30:41 pm »
yep, you just create a file called extensions.cfg (that's probably the easiest thing in the whole thing) and put the names of the files in it and it'd be there

Does the extensions.cfg file have to be in notepad?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:53 pm »

Does the extensions.cfg file have to be in notepad?
notepad, wordpad

Offline Shawn1995

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »
And then u just put all the exterior files in. (I'm dying to have an accurate R46!)

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 06:14:35 pm »
And then u just put all the exterior files in. (I'm dying to have an accurate R46!)
Yes.

For future reference, you should study the Developing for openBVE page and look at an already existing train folder with the train files and the extensions.cfg so you won't be compelled to ask questions (like that) that you'll find the answer to just from pure observation. By doing that you'll save yourself a lot of time now and in the future - and you'll save others time as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:17:45 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 05:13:31 pm »
Sorry about that guys, laptop got dropped and screen shattered. Got it back now. Thanks Pacific for clarifying what I had already contemplated.  Thanks again! Woot woot!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:52:12 am by ProjectAce »