BVEStation

Author Topic: Bluefield Route  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Choo Choo Tim

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Bluefield Route
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:12:41 am »
Hi everyone! I do have a question for the people that use OpenBVE. I downloaded the Bluefield route and I am having difficulty with some of the files not showing up. Is it me or when you do a route, that you INCLUDE all files? I have seen here on this site several comments in regards to "You must ask permission to use these files, etc"....Why is that? since I am missing several files from the Bluefield route, I am seriously considering dumping that route even though it is a route that looks good and I would like to try it, but I don't know even where to start to look for the missing files so I can run the route. I am looking for total and complete routes that have all files in the route that need to be there. I don't want to have to search all over creation to find the files that I need to run a route! Am I the only one that sees this or am I not alone in this? I am new to BVE and how to get it to run properly.  If someone could answer that for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Bluefield Route
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:19:36 am »
Yes you must include all files in order not to encounter error's. Reinstall the route as there may have been a error in installation.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bluefield Route
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »
Hi Choo Choo Tim, and welcome! I saw your introduction, but I didn't have time to post in it.

Don't mind the "You must ask permission to use these files" unless you're developing routes or objects, because that is a different situation from what you are experiencing with openBVE.

When openBVE says that there are missing files during startup, it's most likely the entire file itself. Try re-extracting the Object and Route files again, and see if that will remove the errors. If, after a couple of tries there are still missing files, then the entire file is bad and you'll need to re-download the zip files again. You're not the only one that experiences it - I do too, and I'm sure many openBVE users have experienced this already.

Hope this resolves your problem!  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:56:46 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211