BVEStation

Author Topic: WEATHER ADVISORY - Hurricane Irene  (Read 30538 times)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
Re: WEATHER ADVISORY - Hurricane Irene
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 06:24:11 pm »
The weather gone psycho and mother nature is taking a little fit That's how i feel when I saw Hurricane Irene on the Fox 5 news and weather channel ready to hit mostly the Entire east coast including New York.

Everybody on BVE station please be safe and watch carefully and so on .

Evacuation of zone A i heard may be today and for the people who live in No zone you still gotta watch out you still aren't safe

Bloomberg made it mandatory I am updating as I am moving.

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 06:34:04 pm »
The weather gone psycho and mother nature is taking a little fit That's how i feel when I saw Hurricane Irene on the Fox 5 news and weather channel ready to hit mostly the Entire east coast including New York.

Everybody on BVE station please be safe and watch carefully and so on .

Evacuation of zone A i heard may be today and for the people who live in No zone you still gotta watch out you still aren't safe

Bloomberg made it mandatory I am updating as I am moving.
To add on Mayor Bloomberg is also evacuating hospitals, nursing homes, senior centers, and psychiatric centers.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 07:33:26 pm »
I'd just like to ask: Is it illegal to not follow evacuation orders? One of my friends live in Zone A and he is refusing to move. He is just one of those few paranoid people who still think weather forecasts are a joke...

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 07:36:47 pm »
I'd just like to ask: Is it illegal to not follow evacuation orders? One of my friends live in Zone A and he is refusing to move. He is just one of those few paranoid people who still think weather forecasts are a joke...
idk if I heard correctly during one of the press conferences but Bloomberg said that it would be a 500 dollar fine for failing to evacuate

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 07:38:43 pm »
As te storm nears, i think it would be necessary for a prayer...

http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »
I don't think this one is a joke. The weather forecasts say the hurricane is 300 miles wide long. So theres a good chance this one will hit the 5 boroughs. If your friend decides not to move today, (s)he can move tomorrow. But they will have to do it them selves. The mayor strongly wants everyone in zone A to evacuate a.s.a.p

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 08:32:53 pm »
CURSE YOU HURRCAINE!!!!

Offline dman1455

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:56 pm »
I don't think this one is a joke. The weather forecasts say the hurricane is 300 miles wide long. So theres a good chance this one will hit the 5 boroughs. If your friend decides not to move today, (s)he can move tomorrow. But they will have to do it them selves. The mayor strongly wants everyone in zone A to evacuate a.s.a.p

If you are not out of Zone A as of 34 mins ago, you will go to jail and get a fine...

Offline Lexington456

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 09:22:47 pm »
My prayers and hopes go out to all of you guys who have the potential to be affected by this hurricane, and if you have to evacuate, please just get to safety.

I'm kinda half and half on this, because as New Yorkers, we don't get many hurricanes, so I can understand why people are freaking out. Who knows, it might not be all that bad. But still, take no chances.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 10:30:47 pm »
last time i heard, it was a Cat. 3 storm

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:05 pm »

If you are not out of Zone A as of 34 mins ago, you will go to jail and get a fine...

What the hell are you talking about?Im still at brighton beach[Coney island /Zone A] and just came back from a peacefull walk on the boardwalk and enjoyed the fireworks. The cops arent even announcing about evacuations. Also bloomberg said in an interview no one is going to get fined or jailed , your just putting your life at risk. And yes im planing on moving tommorow even though most of the neighbors and friends are staying put and going to ride it through.

Offline dman1455

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:55 pm »

What the hell are you talking about?Im still at brighton beach[Coney island /Zone A] and just came back from a peacefull walk on the boardwalk and enjoyed the fireworks. The cops arent even announcing about evacuations. Also bloomberg said in an interview no one is going to get fined or jailed , your just putting your life at risk. And yes im planing on moving tommorow even though most of the neighbors and friends are staying put and going to ride it through.

I was watching the interview and he said if you're not out of Zone A you will get some jail time and a fine...

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 11:52:52 pm »

I was watching the interview and he said if you're not out of Zone A you will get some jail time and a fine...

well i dont know what you where watching but no ones getting arrested . The news just say if you stay through the storm , you aare going to get left behind if you need emergency help. Plus if they where arresting people im pretty sure i would have been arrested by now along with the other 100,000 people still here.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 12:37:26 am »
From what I hear, you definitely only get a fine and you don't get jail time.  If you get jail time, half my friends would have been in jail calling me or some of my friends to get a bail.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 02:26:41 am »
Europe - The Final Countdown

This is actually relevant to the storm at the moment.

Im dead serious though. My prayers are with you all and all the people on the East Coast. stay safe