BVE > Content Development

Developers, here's a challenge! WDW Monorail (My Dream Project!; Please Help!)

<< < (2/2)

SP1900:

--- Quote from: msg7 on January 29, 2018, 06:00:46 pm ---Anyone who can help! Quick question, does anyone have a good guide for creating trains for mac users? Thanks!

--- End quote ---

So basically you should start with editing a train yourself. To open a .csv or .b3d or .animated file use TextEdit. You can use objectviewer by installing the winebottler program so that you can open .exe files. When you’ve got objectviewer to work you should see a grey screen with two icons. Press F7 or fn+F7 to open up the csv or b3d file or animated file. Once you’ve selected it you can use textedit to play around with functions and numbers in the files. Though animations such as door animations and rotating wheels won’t show up you can change the position or shape or size of objects and even create new ones. You’ll notice there are three sets of numbers in each line of code. They are to signify the X, Y and Z axes X axis is width, Y is height and Z is length. The BVEstation wiki will explain more. To see what changes you’ve made you can press F5 to see what changes you’ve made to the object in objectviewer

I hope this helps a bit but check the wiki for more information and I recommend with editing an existing train rather than creating a completely new one unless you feel confident enough to do so

Best of luck

msg7:

--- Quote from: SP1900 on January 30, 2018, 11:42:26 am ---So basically you should start with editing a train yourself. To open a .csv or .b3d or .animated file use TextEdit. You can use objectviewer by installing the winebottler program so that you can open .exe files. When you’ve got objectviewer to work you should see a grey screen with two icons. Press F7 or fn+F7 to open up the csv or b3d file or animated file. Once you’ve selected it you can use textedit to play around with functions and numbers in the files. Though animations such as door animations and rotating wheels won’t show up you can change the position or shape or size of objects and even create new ones. You’ll notice there are three sets of numbers in each line of code. They are to signify the X, Y and Z axes X axis is width, Y is height and Z is length. The BVEstation wiki will explain more. To see what changes you’ve made you can press F5 to see what changes you’ve made to the object in objectviewer

I hope this helps a bit but check the wiki for more information and I recommend with editing an existing train rather than creating a completely new one unless you feel confident enough to do so

Best of luck

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot! I'm pretty good with computers and troubleshooting, just not coding, e.t.c. I guess I'll wait till I get better or till someone else makes it. Also, is there any way that I can convert the Mark VI from Trainz to Openbve? (I only need the train; not the route/track.) Probably not but just wondering.  :)

SP1900:

--- Quote from: msg7 on January 30, 2018, 02:46:14 pm ---Thanks a lot! I'm pretty good with computers and troubleshooting, just not coding, e.t.c. I guess I'll wait till I get better or till someone else makes it. Also, is there any way that I can convert the Mark VI from Trainz to Openbve? (I only need the train; not the route/track.) Probably not but just wondering.  :)

--- End quote ---

I wish there was a way, it would make everything a lot easier for developers. But sadly no there isn't at the moment. I believe if you want that to be a feature of openBVE you should talk to leezer3. He's the current maintainer of the openbve program and he's the one who updates it with new features. You can contact him on the bve cornwall website

BVERailer:
I am not sure if I still have it, but I may have some Spanish monorail hidden within my other trains. It is nowhere near accurate to the WDW monorail, but I can try to reskin it and add in some sounds and we'll see how it turns out. No promises, though.

msg7:

--- Quote from: SP1900 on February 02, 2018, 01:58:05 pm ---I wish there was a way, it would make everything a lot easier for developers. But sadly no there isn't at the moment. I believe if you want that to be a feature of openBVE you should talk to leezer3. He's the current maintainer of the openbve program and he's the one who updates it with new features. You can contact him on the bve cornwall website

--- End quote ---
Maybe I'll try that! Thanks!

--- Quote from: BVERailer on February 12, 2018, 04:03:07 pm ---I am not sure if I still have it, but I may have some Spanish monorail hidden within my other trains. It is nowhere near accurate to the WDW monorail, but I can try to reskin it and add in some sounds and we'll see how it turns out. No promises, though.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to see this! This would be a great solution in the meantime!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version