BVEStation

Author Topic: Users changing their usernames  (Read 11460 times)

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
Re: Users changing their usernames
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »
You know, it would be a good idea to at least provide a 15 minute time limit before any user is unable to edit posts. I find myself having to delete my own posts only because of a typo i missed or a broken link. If not, i end up having to multi-post, which is already getting annoying.

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »
Another suggestion. The other forum was right regarding handle names instead of their names due to confusion on who is who.

It would be a good idea if we used names and initials as to ease confusion. This would be especially important for people who need to contact others for permission.

The format would be a first name, then optionally the initial to their last name or a last name. Of course, one doesn't have to use their REAL name, but would serve mainly for contact purposes

for example i would be Chris T., error46146 would be Bill, or Bill T. Or let's say RachelBerryFan47 doesn't want to use their real name, So Rachel B, Rachel, Rachel Berry can be used instead

Chris T
New Recruit

Even if it's not their displayed name, it can be used as a custom title below their handle name, for example

NYZ3R0DAY
New Recruit
Chris T

these are all just suggestions, just to ease the confusion regarding who is who.

It would be a good idea to use the names when it comes to route and train releases since it would be easier to search the name instead of their handle names.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:14:13 pm by NYZ3R0DAY »

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 09:55:12 am »
I strongly disagree with people unable to edit their own post. Suppose a mistake is typed in? That's promoting over posting. Plus information can be released accident and the person can't edit it. Then what?

The username change is great however, less clutter and confusion.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »
yeah there should be a 30 min time limit for editing posts