BVEStation

Author Topic: New App- Train Sim (Look)  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
New App- Train Sim (Look)
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:16 pm »
A new app popped up on the App Store called "Train Sim" comes in Lite free version.
It includes the R160 and PA-5 and the PA-5 panel is from OpenBVE. Whoever created this app, I and I hope many other people would like to help you out in making this app even better.

This is just an idea, but maybe the guy can make actual BVE routes on there, many people in my opinion would contribute to it.
Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Take Care Everybody

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: New App- Train Sim (Look)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:09:10 am »
HOLY SH :o ;D

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:09:26 am »
I've taken a look at this app, its very primitive to say the least.  So here's my quick thoughts.

Speed controls, you simply push a button to increase the speed at a specified interval.  You keep pressing the button to increase the speed, the same with decreasing it.  There is no "power/brake" controls or anything like that, no handle, nothing.

Graphics, they're pretty much on par with the old "classic" BVE 2 style'd graphics.

Sounds, just a typical train moving loop, plays the same at all speeds.  Horns, and bells are there though.

Train selection, the R160, and the PA-5 yes they are included, there are a handful of other routes/trains as well, but they all make more or less the same sound.

Perhaps the app will get better in the future, the author appears to have mentioned he created the app for his child, which is very nice of him!  But certainly not for hard-core rail fans.
BVEStation.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:50:20 pm »
I've taken a look at this app, its very primitive to say the least.  So here's my quick thoughts.

Speed controls, you simply push a button to increase the speed at a specified interval.  You keep pressing the button to increase the speed, the same with decreasing it.  There is no "power/brake" controls or anything like that, no handle, nothing.

Graphics, they're pretty much on par with the old "classic" BVE 2 style'd graphics.

Sounds, just a typical train moving loop, plays the same at all speeds.  Horns, and bells are there though.

Train selection, the R160, and the PA-5 yes they are included, there are a handful of other routes/trains as well, but they all make more or less the same sound.

Perhaps the app will get better in the future, the author appears to have mentioned he created the app for his child, which is very nice of him!  But certainly not for hard-core rail fans.

I agree very nice effort I hope the developer advances more on this app.

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »
The creator of the app just updated the app, so i doesn't crash when changing the speed anymore, and added a GE 40-tonner and a more realistic r160 cab.