BVEStation

Author Topic: CD/DVD Survey for BVE  (Read 11454 times)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: CD/DVD Survey for BVE
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »
It would be good if we can implement a autorun GUI and stuff to make installing and navigating the CD easier too.
If we are to include said GUI it should run on not only Windows but Mac as well (and Linux if possible)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »
It would be good if we can implement a autorun GUI and stuff to make installing and navigating the CD easier too.
If we are to include said GUI it should run on not only Windows but Mac as well (and Linux if possible)
Most people with decent knowledge should be able to write a simple autorun.inf file. However, I'm not sure about Autorun configuration files on Mac and Linux.

For Windows, a self launching EXE or Windows Installer Package (MSI) with options on what route to install would be great. For Mac, a DMG file would be the way to go, but I don't know how to create a custom DMG installer. On Ubuntu (not sure about other Linux distros) you would use a .deb Debian Installer Package, I believe. Maybe Jose can do the Linux stuff, since Linux is his main OS

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »
it would take a lot of handiwork to be able to do that on all 3 platforms really.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 04:51:51 pm »
it would take a lot of handiwork to be able to do that on all 3 platforms really.
I'm all for it though... The thing is, where OpenBVE saves the route files, it'd have to be run as administrator in Linux. At least, Ubuntu.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator