BVEStation

Author Topic: So, Ever Wonder what an F40 with a GE 7FDL and AC Traction might sound like?  (Read 8901 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Well, here you go =P
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: F42AC Push Pull Test (GE 7FDL-16 Sounds + PL42AC Traction in F40PH Body)
Another one of my now many offshoot modifications to the F40. It's not EMD powered anymore, so I figured it deserved it's own thread.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Great sounds, especially the horn. However, I'm not a big fan of the bell.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Great sounds, especially the horn. However, I'm not a big fan of the bell.
I hear you on the bell, but to be honest, before they refitted the P42's with E-bells, a great number of them sounded crappy like this.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: Santa Fe GE Dash 9 With 12 Car Passenger Train
Dash 9 with updated sounds and standard auto ditch lights XD

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Those sounds are a little bit better. The lights look good, and that locomotive is very detailed
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Very good work! Besides the desert freight and Canadian mountains route, are there any other routes for a locomotive like this?

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Very good work! Besides the desert freight and Canadian mountains route, are there any other routes for a locomotive like this?
Quite a few actually. If you head over to the bve wiki website, you can search for not only this locomotive so you can download it and mod it yourself, but you can also browse through their hundreds of routes. There are at least several dozen commuter style European based routes (or Japanese) that are either electric or diesel and can be used to run these trains. For example, I nearly always use the Sellye-Pecs and Kiralyliget routes to run my personal commuter stock. There is also the MAV120a that I have found very pleasant to operate, and have taken the original route, and created different run scenarios for. You may also like the Solyomvar route, which is related to the Kiralyliget route (and electrified). These are all the main routes I run with my equipment.

Oh, I missed one. Hard to find, but the Edinburgh - Aberdeen line is a nice long 2 hour diesel passenger run that you could use for this as well. Takes a lot of patience to run that one, imo, especially if you want to be extremely realistic and follow the speed limit signs to the marker.

EDIT: How could I omit this one? If you can find both of the websites, the Holland based routes are VERY long and VERY fun to run. They are all electrified, but you can obviously operate diesel stock on them if you wish to. There are, I believe, a dozen or so routes in total, and all together, they'll give you about.... AT LEAST 24 hours of non stop game play.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:31:21 am by Fan Railer »

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Quite a few actually. If you head over to the bve wiki website, you can search for not only this locomotive so you can download it and mod it yourself, but you can also browse through their hundreds of routes. There are at least several dozen commuter style European based routes (or Japanese) that are either electric or diesel and can be used to run these trains. For example, I nearly always use the Sellye-Pecs and Kiralyliget routes to run my personal commuter stock. There is also the MAV120a that I have found very pleasant to operate, and have taken the original route, and created different run scenarios for. You may also like the Solyomvar route, which is related to the Kiralyliget route (and electrified). These are all the main routes I run with my equipment.

Oh, I missed one. Hard to find, but the Edinburgh - Aberdeen line is a nice long 2 hour diesel passenger run that you could use for this as well. Takes a lot of patience to run that one, imo, especially if you want to be extremely realistic and follow the speed limit signs to the marker.

EDIT: How could I omit this one? If you can find both of the websites, the Holland based routes are VERY long and VERY fun to run. They are all electrified, but you can obviously operate diesel stock on them if you wish to. There are, I believe, a dozen or so routes in total, and all together, they'll give you about.... AT LEAST 24 hours of non stop game play.
Yeah I have to download a lot more routes, I've stopped following the new released on the bve routes wiki lately.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
So while you guys wait for more Dash 8 work to come out, here's a filler video of the F42AC Shoving 12 Cars along the Edinborough - Aberdeen route in Scotland.
OpenBVE Exclusive: F42AC V2.0 Shoves 12 Cars at 100 MPH Through Portlethen Station Scotland
Enjoy :)

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
GEVO engine in an EMD locomotive, sacrilege!  ;)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
GEVO engine in an EMD locomotive, sacrilege!  ;)
LOL well, unless someone comes up with a good P42 body that I can put these sounds in, this is the best it gets man :P