BVEStation

Author Topic: After Much Experimenting, I Present My Personal F40PH-4ACe V1.0 Test Bed....  (Read 16995 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
With PL42AC AC Motor Sounds and EMD 645 Sounds.
All credit goes to the authors of these trains and their exteriors. Those used were the F40PH from bvevirginia, the prime mover spool-down sound from a version of the SD90MAC, and the Railjet cars + Siemens ES64U2 motor sounds found on this site: http://gothpaladinus.atw.hu/
This is version 1.0 of my experimentation, and took me about 3 hours or so to get it right. V2.0, when I get to it, will feature the actual HEP high idle from the PL42AC. This is for my personal use as of now, and in order to release it, I would need to gain permission from the respective authors, so don't go asking me for anything right now. Thanks, and enjoy =D
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: F40PH-4ACe V1.0 Test (F40 with PL42AC Sounds)

For comparison, here's one of my videos of an ACTUAL PL42AC:
New Jersey Transit EXCLUSIVE: PL42AC 4022 Accelerating Out of Convent Station
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:03:18 am by Fan Railer »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
This is pretty awesome , glad we have some vintage Rail Road equipment coming out!

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Here's an updated version with an E-Bell in place of a regular bell.
OpenBVE EXCLUSIVE: F40PH-4ACe V1.5 Equipped with Graham E-Bell

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Very nice, I'd definitely like to see more locomotive and non NYC-subway related development begin as well.

As a suggestion I would soften the traction motor noise as it sounds a bit rough and un-natural. The EMD engine sounds great though.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Very nice, I'd definitely like to see more locomotive and non NYC-subway related development begin as well.

As a suggestion I would soften the traction motor noise as it sounds a bit rough and un-natural. The EMD engine sounds great though.

Haha yea. I'm probably going to do that soon.
It is already pretty soft compared to the original volume, but yea, it could be toned down more.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Just wondering, what program are you using to edit the audio files?
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile

Certainly great to see some new non-NYC Subway development going on.  Just the run sound sounds a bit slightly off, but I really like how realistic that passing sound is.
BVEStation.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Just wondering, what program are you using to edit the audio files?
if you mean the way openBVE plays the audio files while the train runs, there was program for editing openBVE trains on trainsimframework's website for download, but that site is now unavailable. If anyone wants it, I may be able to get it on this site if the mods deem it appropriate.

Keep in mind however, that you can't just use that one program to perform modifications such as this one. It involves knowing which files to transplant, which ones to delete, how to handle a sound.cfg file, and which values are needed, and also how to manually change the motor/electric brake sound commands directly from the train.dat file.

EDIT: Although the main site has closed, the archived version is still up and easily navigatible, despite the fact that none of the downloads have been archived:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090626235359/http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/develop/index.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:23:18 pm by Fan Railer »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Certainly great to see some new non-NYC Subway development going on.  Just the run sound sounds a bit slightly off, but I really like how realistic that passing sound is.
Yes, the run sounds aren't very accurate, but those were the ones that came with the F40, so I've kept them for now.

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
thought i was the only one working on this lol i already have it in NJT paint scheme and the others as a ALP46A and a ALP45 lol

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
thought i was the only one working on this lol i already have it in NJT paint scheme and the others as a ALP46A and a ALP45 lol
Really? That's good to hear =) What exactly is it that you have in the NJT paint scheme? lol. The F40? I'm guessing. because if you had created object files for the 46A or the 45DP, i'd be very much interested to see those.

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
all is in NJT and nah same thing what you're doing i did i'll show you a pic of the 46a and 45 since the 45 dont have the pole up top its a diesel lol

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Lol, nice work on the F40s, but you must admit the ALPs look funny hehe  ;)

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Lol, nice work on the F40s, but you must admit the ALPs look funny hehe  ;)
too be honest that's what i said lol