BVE > General BVE/OpenBVE

BVE 2/4 - OpenBVE

(1/9) > >>

TJay1724:
Ok. I know a lot of you here at BVEstation love OpenBVE. I have no problems with that. What I do have a problem with is the way things are developed here. A lot of you have great talent, however, I've read many posts lately about trainsets being worked on for BVE 2/4 and OpenBVE, yet all I see being released are trainsets for OpenBVE, with no mention whatsoever of a BVE 2/4 version like some of those posts originally stated. It's a trend that bothers me as well as many other NYCT developers because how do people expect more NYCT content to be developed for BVE 2/4 if we do not have the trainsets necessary for the lines. Me personally, I have nothing against OpenBVE, however, the original BVE was meant as a simple simulator and coding for routes and objects were made to be simple. OpenBVE was meant to be a little more open but has become difficult and convoluted and annoying to code for. Thus I will never code for OpenBVE. I know that it is the developer's decision which program to develop content for, but always remember this: not everyone can code routes and objects, and not everyone can develop trains. Having said that, I may have to leave the BVE world if this trend continues.

Simon:
openBVE routes are coded the same way as BVE routes. I don't understand where you get that idea from. The A line from BVE2 runs the same on openBVE. It's just that openBVE reads little errors in BVE2/4, but they can always be ignored. openBVE is actually more user-friendly than BVE2/4. I believe that you are under the illusion that EVERY openBVE train requires an exterior which is hard to make. However, that is not the case as the R142A and the recently released R143 have no exteriors. openBVE's train editor has an extensive documentation on how to code the trains and enough visuals in the Train Editor to get you started.

openBVE simplifies the process in selecting the route and train. Back in BVE2/4, you would have to manually alter the route file or use BRR to select a different train from the route. In addition to that, openBVE gives you a grade map and the stops, which was inaccessible in BVE2/4 before loading the route.

I understand your concern of the lack of content for 2 and 4, but actually give openBVE a try as it doesn't seem like you spent a lot of time playing around with it. I could be wrong, but get back at me.

Bombardier01800:

--- Quote from: Simon on January 09, 2011, 03:10:39 pm ---openBVE routes are coded the same way as BVE routes. I don't understand where you get that idea from. The A line from BVE2 runs the same on openBVE. It's just that openBVE reads little errors in BVE2/4, but they can always be ignored. openBVE is actually more user-friendly than BVE2/4. I believe that you are under the illusion that EVERY openBVE train requires an exterior which is hard to make. However, that is not the case as the R142A and the recently released R143 have no exteriors. openBVE's train editor has an extensive documentation on how to code the trains and enough visuals in the Train Editor to get you started.

openBVE simplifies the process in selecting the route and train. Back in BVE2/4, you would have to manually alter the route file or use BRR to select a different train from the route. In addition to that, openBVE gives you a grade map and the stops, which was inaccessible in BVE2/4 before loading the route.

I understand your concern of the lack of content for 2 and 4, but actually give openBVE a try as it doesn't seem like you spent a lot of time playing around with it. I could be wrong, but get back at me.

--- End quote ---
There is a difference. OpenBVE has a LOT more commands than regular BVE. Me, I use it just because it's what works best on my computer, but I code for BVE while making sure it works on OpenBVE

Phantom909:

--- Quote from: Simon on January 09, 2011, 03:10:39 pm ---It's just that openBVE reads little errors in BVE2/4
--- End quote ---

Again another misconception by the OpenBVE drones. There are NO errors in my BVE Routes. For the 100,000th time, OpenBVE in NOT BVE . There is no link from mackoy`s page for it. OpenBVE findes errors because it is a flawed program.

BTW TJay, glad to see you here, send me a PM when you get a chance so we can talk

Joe

TJay1724:
Thanks guys for responding. Please keep in mind that i am not coming down on anyone. I think you all do excellent work. What I'm saying is that, I have worked extensively with openbve. It is not structured the same as bve 2/4. There are objects that I have made that show up fine in bve, but gives me massive errors in openbve and do not display properly. The animatio objects are a b***h to code. I enjoy operating routes in openbve, but not to code for them. As far as the trains go, I was referring to the fact that the R142A was annouced for bve one to one and half years ago, and myself as well as many others have been waiting for that set. And now it gets released and it's openbve only. I enjoy coding high quality routes for you guys. Fictional or not. But how am I supposed to when we don't have the trains necessary to run them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version