BVEStation

Author Topic: Rating System Abuse  (Read 14090 times)

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
  • Third year as Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Rating System Abuse
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 05:29:51 pm »
Alright I didnt say he wasn't allowed on the fourms...I said look at his rating thats all. I didn't intend it to get too far. Thats all. Also thank you for respecting my suggestion. Thank you for telling them not to use my actual name as well. Well round of respect to you. I'm saying this because its not multiple people doing it. Its the same 2-3 people doing it. Which is why I want to bring awareness. @YankeesPwnMets
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:44:42 pm by WizDaGamer »

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 06:16:34 pm »
Alright I didnt say he wasn't allowed on the fourms...I said look at his rating thats all.

I don't mean to butt in but you told the user that he wasn't allowed to build for BVE either. Like what YankeesPwnMets said, you're not allowed to tell people what they can/cannot do. But I've been getting downvotes too for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:19:19 pm by iTransitFan »

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »
@rstar and Ty:

I would like to refer to the BVEStation rules, specifically Section A, rule number 3:
"3. NO PRIVACY VIOLATIONS: Posting of content that violates the privacy or comfort of another member is not allowed."

WizDaGamer asked you both respectfully to not use his actual name, yet you guys intentionally continued to do so. Therefore, you are both in violation of this rule. As a reminder, violators are subject to punishment, including (but not limited to) reprimands, warnings, and bans from the forum. Both of you should consider this as your first warning.

@WizDaGamer:
"I am always on topic"

With all due respect, I disagree with you on this front. There have been multiple times that I can think off of the top of my head where you stepped past the line. I distinctly remember you telling another member that he was not allowed on the forum.  In addition, there have been numerous snarky remarks (ie. "Just waiting for that one person to spam") and arguments with other members that were wholly unnecessary. Like BStyles said, you should perhaps look at your rating as a reflection on your behavior, rather than looking for someone to blame. When you go to school and get a crappy grade on an exam, you should look at that as a reminder that you need to improve, rather than hide behind the "my teacher hates me" excuse.

On the side note, thanks for submitting your thoughts and suggestions regarding a feature on the forum. We encourage everyone to submit their thoughts/suggestions on this board.
Agreed.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 09:38:08 pm »
The rating system will remain in place, albeit modified in scope. Instead of being able to rate members every 15 minutes, members can only rate other members every 24 hours. Whether or not it is being abused affects a handful of members and not the entire forum. With that being said, since less than a dozen members brought this to light it goes without saying that that this is a personal issue rather than a forum-wide issue on a system that predates current memberships. Prime example: It only affects members who seem to have issues in other areas of the forum.

I would strongly recommend seeking out the source of the negative ratings rather than ask for entire system removal. But as I said before, think about what you post before you post, because that to can also lead to excess negative ratings.

BStyles