BVEStation

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 6199 times)

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Suggestion
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:12:11 pm »
So here is something I have been thinking about lately, for the videos on the download pages it would be great if multiple videos were allowed to be posted on there instead of just one per download page. But to prevent the page from getting too cluttered, there should be a maximum of only about three videos on the download page with any more videos no longer accepted. And to keep it all fair, each user should only be allowed to put one video of the route or train on the route's page, if the same user wants to post a second video on that same page then it should not be accepted. So that means there should be up to three videos on the same page and no more than three, from three different users only, without two videos from the same person. Just a suggestion, it is not necessary, but it would be nice to have that ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:13:46 pm by SubwayTrainOperator5 »
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:11:06 am »
The reason for the single video, was simply to show off a short portion of what the route may look like.  Posting multiple videos more or less defeats that purpose and also increases load times, which is why the idea of having multiple videos was never done.
BVEStation.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:32 pm »
True, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. Multiple videos would give people better coverage of the routes and therefore give them an even better idea of what the route is like, and there would potentially be more proof that the route is not modified if more than one person has a video of it. And to eliminate the performance issue, there could be a drop-down sort of feature which, when clicked, shows or hides the embedded videos.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »
We don't want to give that much coverage of a specific route otherwise there would be little to no point in playing it.  We do not need "proof" whether or not a route is modified, because whatever gets posted on BVEStation isn't any illegal modification, or that sort of thing.

Depending on the browser, some browsers may pre-load the data within a drop down.

I can understand if you want to show different videos with different users having recorded them, and simply cycle through with a new one or something every so often, but the point isn't to show off the person who made the video.
BVEStation.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:03 am »
It also takes more effort for the developer to make videos instead of images, eventually filling his/her YouTube account with a bunch of unnecessary videos. While this makes more sense for the now, the route will be up for years after the development is over.

BStyles

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 09:53:09 am »
The developer wouldn't have to be the one creating the videos filling up his/her YouTube page with "unnecessary" videos in the first place.  Unless the route was never released, someone like @SubwayTrainOperator5 could take on that role.  Maybe that's something he was also trying to point out.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
The developer wouldn't have to be the one creating the videos filling up his/her YouTube page with "unnecessary" videos in the first place.  Unless the route was never released, someone like @SubwayTrainOperator5 could take on that role.  Maybe that's something he was also trying to point out.

That's basically most of it in a nutshell, but I also wanted there to be a rule where each user can only have one video on each page, which would have given room for two other people to post a different route portion of their choice. All videos are different.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »
Or you could just use this thread:

http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=134.0

BStyles