BVEStation

Author Topic: [RELEASED] (WIP) 1970s Routes  (Read 103807 times)

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: [RELEASED] (WIP) 1970s Routes
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2017, 03:17:46 pm »
Really good job! I reckon some weathering of the textures could be good
Just an amateur train developer.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2017, 02:32:26 pm »
Okay, here we go again! Finished Spring St, Canal St, Chambers St, Broadway - Nassau St, High St, Jay St - Borough Hall and Hoyt Schermerhorn Streets, including new signs and graffiti in tunnels. The Fulton Ave branch is already being worked on. I was quite busy with school and working on some trains otherwise I would have already been at Euclid Ave at least, keep in mind that my goal here is to finish the stations and add main details such as signs, and exits. All minor details will be added at the end.
I also featured my re-textured R16 and R30s and Mudwrestle's R32/38/40/M/42 that I also re-textured/fixed for personal preference reasons.
(The R40 series are still W.I.P. and not public so don't ask for them !!!)

Spring Street:

Canal Street with R16 A train:

Chambers Street - World Trade Center with R30 A train:

Broadway - Nassau Street with R32 A train:

High Street with R38 A train:

Jay Street - Borough Hall with R40M-R42 A train:

And finally Hoyt - Schermerhorn Streets with R40 A train:

Enjoy the pics and stay tuned for Nostrand-Utica-Eastern Parkway-Euclid and Grant Avenues!!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:08:30 am by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »
Wow, Great work and how did you get the preGOH trains?

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2017, 02:00:10 am »
Wow, Great work and how did you get the preGOH trains?
A friend of William gave me the R40 trains to complete my preGOH collection cause he also developed them with him, especially the 1980s version.
William knows that I have them so I cannot get trouble, and maybe there's a chance I can develop with William, but he didn't answer yet.
I already fixed and improved them on my side and maybe he would get satisfied with what I done with them.
Hopefully there's a chance the R40 trains will get released soon!
The R32 and R38 are released, and the R16 and R30 in the picture no because I improved and re-textured them to add graffiti and other paint schemes (just like the bright red R16 in my signature for example), and didn't release them yet
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:10:23 am by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »
A friend of William gave me the R40 trains to complete my preGOH collection cause he also developed them with him, especially the 1980s version.
William knows that I have them so I cannot get trouble, and maybe there's a chance I can develop with William, but he didn't answer yet.
I already fixed and improved them on my side and maybe he would get satisfied with what I done with them.
Hopefully there's a chance the R40 trains will get released soon!
The R32 and R38 are released, and the R16 and R30 in the picture no because I improved and re-textured them to add graffiti and other paint schemes (just like the bright red R16 in my signature for example), and didn't release them yet
. Lucky you. I must say I really love the touches you’ve given to the preGOH trains. I especially love the graffiti and the parts where the paint has been stripped off. Hopefully the rest of us won’t have to wait much longer for those either since I’m looking to create a preGOH train collection just like you. If you can. Can you give me a rough estimate of how much longer it will take for the routes and preGOH trains to be completed and released? Just curious. And if you need any help I can try to do a bit when I don’t have school to deal with. This is getting long but I would also like to know how did you do the announcements for the routes?

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2017, 03:23:49 am »
. Lucky you. I must say I really love the touches you’ve given to the preGOH trains. I especially love the graffiti and the parts where the paint has been stripped off. Hopefully the rest of us won’t have to wait much longer for those either since I’m looking to create a preGOH train collection just like you. If you can. Can you give me a rough estimate of how much longer it will take for the routes and preGOH trains to be completed and released? Just curious. And if you need any help I can try to do a bit when I don’t have school to deal with. This is getting long but I would also like to know how did you do the announcements for the routes?
Thank you!
First of all, I'm reworking all the pre GOH trains I have, from the R16 to the R46, when I'll make different versions: Early 1970s, Late 1970s (Original interior with graffiti or new interior with yellow walls and interior orange doors), Early 1980s (Graffiti) and finally late 1980s before overhaul (Completely covered in Graffiti)
I'm currently at the R30 now and about to make the 1979 R30 with the new interior, and then the 1980s version. And after that move on to the R32 when I'll do exactly what I stated above
The reason why I'm doing it is to make the trains more realistic and have a large collection from different eras, so I will not get bored when running on my 70s routes. It's really complicated since every single trains were different and didn't get new interiors at the same time, it can be really confusing.
Regarding the release of these trains. I might create a new thread called "Vintage train workshop" when I'll basically show my work and share it with everyone. The thing is, all the trains are not mine: all I did was re-texturing them, so I don't know if I'll get trouble for that, I'll think about that.
Regarding the routes, if you are talking about all the routes I'm planning, it will take more than a year to finish them all. About the 8th Avenue lines including the A,AA,CC & E, it will take a bunch of months to complete them.
Regarding the announcements, I recorded them myself and added a background PA Wire sound and a intercom effect. That's it, it took a while but it was fun.

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline SP1900

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2017, 01:56:36 pm »
Thank you!
First of all, I'm reworking all the pre GOH trains I have, from the R16 to the R46, when I'll make different versions: Early 1970s, Late 1970s (Original interior with graffiti or new interior with yellow walls and interior orange doors), Early 1980s (Graffiti) and finally late 1980s before overhaul (Completely covered in Graffiti)
I'm currently at the R30 now and about to make the 1979 R30 with the new interior, and then the 1980s version. And after that move on to the R32 when I'll do exactly what I stated above
The reason why I'm doing it is to make the trains more realistic and have a large collection from different eras, so I will not get bored when running on my 70s routes. It's really complicated since every single trains were different and didn't get new interiors at the same time, it can be really confusing.
Regarding the release of these trains. I might create a new thread called "Vintage train workshop" when I'll basically show my work and share it with everyone. The thing is, all the trains are not mine: all I did was re-texturing them, so I don't know if I'll get trouble for that, I'll think about that.
Regarding the routes, if you are talking about all the routes I'm planning, it will take more than a year to finish them all. About the 8th Avenue lines including the A,AA,CC & E, it will take a bunch of months to complete them.
Regarding the announcements, I recorded them myself and added a background PA Wire sound and a intercom effect. That's it, it took a while but it was fun.
. Well I wish you good luck on your project and if you need any help I can try to do something

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
. Well I wish you good luck on your project and if you need any help I can try to do something
Since you are very interested I can invite you to a group with friends so you can follow all my work and we can chat every time. I don't want to have a lot of posts here.
Message me and I'll let you know :)

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »
Change of plans: Since the B and D shares 8th Avenue/CPW with A, AA and CC lines, I might directly work on them after I complete all the 8th Avenue/Rockaway routes, that will include the B from 168 St Wash Hgts or 57 St - 6 Ave, the D from 205 St Bronx and the TT. I might keep the 1967 B from West 4 St as well.
I will update the project list soon.
The Fulton St branch is still being worked on, but skateboarding with friends, school and working on my vintage train collection is really slowing down the work. The L line is halted for a moment as I can't get textures and stuff since I don't live in NY.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:04:44 am by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline NYCT_Railer

• New Recruit
  • Ye Olde Website!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »
Nice Progress So far but... I'm unable to open none of the RAR files from the 1970s Nassau St Routes, i downloaded all the files but when i tried opening the RAR archive it said: 'Unable to open...as an archive', any help?

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2017, 01:02:19 pm »
Nice Progress So far but... I'm unable to open none of the RAR files from the 1970s Nassau St Routes, i downloaded all the files but when i tried opening the RAR archive it said: 'Unable to open...as an archive', any help?
That's weird... I tried to download it myself and it works perfectly, no problems... Make sure to open it with WinRAR because for me the Daemon Tools logo shows up instead of the WinRAR archive logo, maybe your computer thinks that it's an archive with a different coding so it can't open it. And do you have Mac or Windows? Because someone else using Mac had a pretty similar issue.

(The Fulton St subway portion is almost completed, stay tuned for pictures very soon!)

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2017, 03:41:50 pm »
I know it's been a while (due to school and little breaks), but here is the progress on the Fulton St line, from Lafayette to Euclid Ave (screenshots below)

Adding to that, I know that I'm working on this scenario since late September, but that doesn't mean that each scenario will take that much time. Here I was basically making all objects along the route that I will use for all remaining scenarios of the A line and other lines, the AA CC* E and HH. But regarding the A line for now, Grant Ave, the elevated portion of Fulton St and the Rockaways remain, so I will try to finish it in a week at least, then I'll do a second pass from 207th St to Far Rockaway, where I'll make miscellaneous objects (3d gates/turnstiles/emergency exits, token booths, old exits, signs, fluorescent lights...) and remake the route signs, basically adding more detail and fixing stuff; and the first scenario will be completed. Then I'll only have to make the A go local via Fulton St for other scenarios and re-place the objects, that wouldn't take much time, but I will still need to change textures for the 1968 and 1976 versions. Also don't forget that I have to make the Rockaway Park and Lefferts Blvd extension.

*The CC is a bit more special because I will have to stick the D with the C (as the CC went from Bedford Park Blvd Bronx back then) and basically make new objects for Concourse (which is gonna advance the future 1970s IND 6th Ave lines).

So here are a bunch of screenshots, ENJOY!:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:56:46 pm by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline NYCT_Railer

• New Recruit
  • Ye Olde Website!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2017, 04:32:36 pm »
That's weird... I tried to download it myself and it works perfectly, no problems... Make sure to open it with WinRAR because for me the Daemon Tools logo shows up instead of the WinRAR archive logo, maybe your computer thinks that it's an archive with a different coding so it can't open it. And do you have Mac or Windows? Because someone else using Mac had a pretty similar issue.

(The Fulton St subway portion is almost completed, stay tuned for pictures very soon!)
i will try using Winrar I have windows 8.1 btw

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:07 pm »
i will try using Winrar I have windows 8.1 btw
Okay let me know what happens, I'm on Windows 10 though

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »
New Update!
As the new version of the A just got released on bveconnect.com, including new scenarios to Rockaway Park and from 207th St Yard as well, the development of the 1970s A will go faster since I don't need to make extensions myself, and of course it means new scenarios
Anyways, I decided to leave the elevated portion of Fulton St & The Rockaways (even though I already started to work on the portal and some tracks); and start detailing the whole subway portion. I'm more focusing on exits and signs for now but sometimes I'm paying attention to every detail so it makes me want to detail everything in the stations.
Enough talking, here are some screenshots:

Since you already know what I'm basically doing I don't think I will post pics of the other stations unless it's something big (like Dyckman St and 190 St)
So stay tuned

1960 - 1970s Lover