BVEStation

Author Topic: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?  (Read 35739 times)

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Next Subway Train On The Elimination List?
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:02 pm »
I would just say terminate the A to Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park. Make A to Lefferts extend C to Far Rockaway and make 1 (S) to Rockaway Park then there will be no more clutter. Then make 4 extended to new lots and 3 terminates at Franklin Av. And make B 24/7 and extend to Coney Island

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 07:20:53 pm »
I would just say terminate the A to Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park. Make A to Lefferts extend C to Far Rockaway and make 1 (S) to Rockaway Park then there will be no more clutter. Then make 4 extended to new lots and 3 terminates at Franklin Av. And make B 24/7 and extend to Coney Island
The 3 can not terminate at Franklin Avenue, there is no way it can relay from the southbound to the northbound track.

Also the B can not be extended to Coney Island because Coney Island can not handle both the Q and B trains at even minimum capacity.

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »
IF they build a station House at Ocean parkway, then it would be a good idea to terminate (B) trains to Ocean Parkway, in my opinion
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 07:34:21 pm »
IF they build a station House at Ocean parkway, then it would be a good idea to terminate (B) trains to Ocean Parkway, in my opinion
I agree completely, terminating at Ocean Parkway gives better access to the bustling community in that area to quick service to Manhattan.

However IIRC, the crossover that trains terminating at Ocean Parkway would have to use is nearly right before Brighton Beach station. I've got a feeling that a new crossover closer to Ocean Parkway would have to be built to facilitate B service.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »
I actually don't see a need to extend the B to Ocean Pkwy only because it doesn't have qualifying ridership from that station.  That's from my observation.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »
I actually don't see a need to extend the B to Ocean Pkwy only because it doesn't have qualifying ridership from that station.  That's from my observation.
As I actually lived with some relatives near the Ocean Parkway station for 4 weeks this past summer, I can personally attest that during rush hours there is a fairly high amount of ridership at that station. Also having B trains at Ocean Parkway would reduce the amount of people getting on the Q in that area, which takes away seating from the many people who board at Sheepshead Bay and a couple of other local stations along the Q.

Also terminating at Ocean Parkway has some operations benefits that many laymen don't see.
If a train breaks down at a terminal (doesn't charge up, brakes won't release, handbrake stuck, etc.), select B trains can be terminated at Brighton Beach and sent in to the layup tracks with no disruption to service besides the loss of one stop for some trains.
I remember personally witnessing an incident in which that happened last year around July 2010. An R68A set (one I would have taken in to Manhattan) broke down at Brighton Beach, and B trains were backed up because only one track was available for terminating B trains.

I boarded a Q train instead, and damn was that Q train crowded. I felt sorry for the people getting on north of Brighton Beach. If the B terminated at Ocean Parkway that wouldn't have happened.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:47 am »
During the summer Ocean Parkway is packed. The B termnating at Ocean Parkway woud be nice.

The A should terminate at Far Rockaway. The C should terminate at Lefferts Blvd., and the shuttle should terminate at Rockaway Park all times.

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2011, 11:13:08 am »
only time they extend the B to CI is when Q need extra help (delayed service) so what they do is run it to CI then to the yard when done
IND / BMT R68 (B) and R160 (F) (Q) trains at West 8th Street (Brooklyn)
so either way whether it happens or not they'll use some b to help out with the delayed service on the Q when packed