BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Thread for the R68 Train Remake by Pacific385  (Read 66392 times)

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official Thread for the R68 Train Remake by Pacific385
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 09:11:21 am »
Great job! Much better than the current R68!  I noticed that when there is information up in the top right I can't see the speedometer which is really important to me (especially when I'm stopping!), maybe you could move it down a little! Just a suggestion! :)

I'll take a look @ it

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 03:19:29 pm »
A Few questions that need to be answered.

1) How many of the routes being developed will follow the NYCTBASS Standards?

2) Can anyone help me with the placement of the run sounds?

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 03:21:05 pm »
Sounds great! I know the sounds came from underground, but it's not like openBVE can allow us to have two sets of sounds, so I'm okay with it.

Something on the D train thread made me curious. Nothing offensive, but I want to ask - what is it with the R68 and the howling motors? I actually prefer a quiet R68 over the howling ones any day. I can't understand why there's so much hype with the howling motors - unless you guys associate a howling R68 as one on the D and the quiet one as one on the B. Enlighten me - I would like to know.  :)
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 03:21:54 pm »
Sounds great! I know the sounds came from underground, but it's not like openBVE can allow us to have two sets of sounds, so I'm okay with it.

Something on the D train thread made me curious. Nothing offensive, but I want to ask - what is it with the R68 and the howling motors? I actually prefer a quiet R68 over the howling ones any day. I can't understand why there's so much hype with the howling motors - unless you guys associate a howling R68 as one on the D and the quiet one as one on the B. Enlighten me - I would like to know.  :)

I honestly don't know, but I can make 2 versions with both sounds

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »
the howling means the motors are dying thats all

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »
I honestly don't know, but I can make 2 versions with both sounds
That sounds good too. But make sure you change the number plate as well.

interesting - I didn't know that.
But I was not asking for what causes the motor sound.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 06:27:57 pm »

I think hearing howling motors on a R68 is a norm for me, it's actually a bit strange to sit in a quiet one

And what do you mean by run sound placement Pacific?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 06:32:49 pm »

I think hearing howling motors on a R68 is a norm for me, it's actually a bit strange to sit in a quiet one

Where'd:

Run0, Run1, Run2, Run3 and so on play in the simulation?

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »
Where'd:

Just use the NYCTBASS. All of the routes currently don't follow any sort of guidelines for sounds as Run0 plays for both underground, el, and open cut sections, plus errors train and the trains that were recently released I believe follows the NYCTBASS to some extent.

By the way, that howling sound is unavoidable because you can hear a portion of it in the Run sounds, which unless you are skilled in sound editing, it would be a b to take out. That's what happened to my 68.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »
what's with the non - animated doors on their "normal" positions and the animated on front of the R68? ;D
The little brother of error46146

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:15 pm »
Not really.For the NTT's(R-142 thru R-160) when the train sounds like its howling means somewhere in that consist the motor is dead and you would notice if the propulsion is low or appears to be dead.
And Westinghouse original motor sets have a good howling many have been changed to quieter motors.

@Pacific: I'm not sure if you're using my R-68 sounds but if you are I would gladly like to get another or more recordings for you.
I can and wil get a regular R-68 recording and one with howling motors.I was thinking I can record from Coney to about 36th or Atlantic then I'll record Bridge recordings and cut it once I get to Grand St.I won't mind getting another underground recording also.Just let me know b\c I know where to go and when to do things.If you would like a regular recording on Brighton I won't mind just let me know I got a lot already.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:23:17 pm by <4>7695 »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »

Where'd:

that's all up to the route developer really. Just follow the TSS

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 04:36:27 pm »
I will be using this:

Central Park west would be run0 then right?
And what is the difference between flange0 and flange1?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:56:22 pm by Pacific385 »

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:24 pm »
I'll have Version 1.0 out by the end of April, there won't be any exterior in this version.

-----------------------------
what's with the non - animated doors on their "normal" positions and the animated on front of the R68? ;D

There is no exterior as of now.