BVEStation

Author Topic: Got BVE up and running...  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Trackedops

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Got BVE up and running...
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:20:22 pm »
On my new machine...

Hey all, im running the TOMC on the 7 and the door/open sides are all screwed up side wise---but if I just don't touch them they take care of themselves, opening and closing. Is this something I did wrong with the install or is it the programming of the route? If it works don't fix it--but its kinda jacked... any clues?

Tracked
The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence.

Paul Simon

Offline OIG119

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Got BVE up and running...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 07:43:03 am »
I would have to assume that it would be a thing with the route. The 7 is from a time when openBVE didn't exist, so this route would've had to have been run in BVE2 or BVE4, where it didn't matter which side the doors opened on, because it wasn't possible to see from the outside, and animated objects weren't a thing in BVE2 or BVE4, so you end up with the doors opening on the same side at every station, because it didn't really matter. Even  today if in openBVE the train has no animated doors, it doesn't matter. You could try to modify the station code in the route file to open the doors on the correct side.
No wonder that ant gets around so fast! He has his own subway.
Don't forget to check out the OIG119 YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1UnU6-GCUndgV3kO-cOkjg