BVEStation

Author Topic: R142/R142A Panel By Mr Railfan - TEASER TRAILER!!  (Read 62642 times)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Official Thread of the R142/R142A Panel By Mr Railfan
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 02:37:37 pm »
Suggestions
I think when the annoncements are playing a button on the radio lights up(I don't know which one)
If you can include the distance to the next station and all the stuff on the TOD(The operating display screen)
Make sure the handle is not veritical when the train is not in emergency brakes(It goes horizontal because in real life the T/O has to turn the controller as a safety feauture)
A working reverser
Maybe an animation of the Left/Right Door enables being pushed inwards so the conductor can open the doors. And make sure that the right buttons light up at the right time(you can ask me)
The button under the speedometer on the right of the red one should light up when the brakes are released.

Everything you saidi know and will do , except two things . Im not some random person creating the cab . I always make sure everything thats in the real life counter part is simulated . Just take my R143 and R160 Videos for an example.

Also the light doesnt Flash when an automated announcement is playing and only Flashes Green when the CR makes an announcement . Unless there is a plug-in available out there , then i cant put that feature in. The same thing goes for the distance to the station . Ill Be happy to put that in , but unfortunately i cant find a plug-in nor know how to create one like that .

2 and 5 train master

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 04:48:02 pm »
is train cab is going to look hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »
Would the distance to the next station be possible if the route had a plug-in? A while ago I was on the forums talking about the R160 FIND and my idea was to press a key to make it change to the next station. RachelBerryFan47 told me that the Hong-Kong MTR (i think) has a plugin similar to what I was talking about. You should look into that and see if you can implement the current station you're at into the Operating Screen. With or without it this is probably the best panel I have ever seen on this website(With a good exterior this train can beat the British any day).

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
Mr Railfan you should know my question already. Ive asked it for the past 3 years...
but you can finish my sentence...
Is this for...
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
  • Hauling ass, one train at a time.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Thread of the R142 Panel By Mr Railfan
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:08:12 pm »
Mr Railfan are going to do a R142A Panel

Is there honestly a difference ? besides the number im going to put in the cab , i think they are identical .

The R142A has alot more differences, I'll try to get a pic for you when I go fanning on my B'day weekend (29 and 30)...
I also have a little pic of the cab I took from the outside...and I tell you there are major differences. 
Well, guess I'm back.
FYI: Known as Casey Stengel.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:11 pm »
Mr Railfan you should know my question already. Ive asked it for the past 3 years...
but you can finish my sentence...
Is this for...
Nope , OpenBVE only

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »

Is there honestly a difference ? besides the number im going to put in the cab , i think they are identical .

The R142A has alot more differences, I'll try to get a pic for you when I go fanning on my B'day weekend (29 and 30)...
I also have a little pic of the cab I took from the outside...and I tell you there are major differences.

Sure i would like to see it so i can make the proper changes.  8)

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 12:23:31 am »
Well I can hint you in on this one thing right off the back that I know...

On the R142A The cab windows are more "squared/boxed" shaped, whereas the R142 has a more rounder cab window.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 01:07:15 am »
Would the distance to the next station be possible if the route had a plug-in? A while ago I was on the forums talking about the R160 FIND and my idea was to press a key to make it change to the next station. RachelBerryFan47 told me that the Hong-Kong MTR (i think) has a plugin similar to what I was talking about. You should look into that and see if you can implement the current station you're at into the Operating Screen. With or without it this is probably the best panel I have ever seen on this website(With a good exterior this train can beat the British any day).

RachelBerryFan47 holds the key coding to make that happen. I cant get it from him for some strange reasons. I do have the file on hand to make that happen but I'm still waiting on the code. Until then probably not gpnna have that plugin on the train at the moment.

Offline theflyingoreo

• Global Moderator
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 01:08:52 am »
Nope, I don't even have it, the HK guys who did that haven't even released the train yet.

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 06:55:33 pm »

Hey, you don't have to make changes. I will try my very best to get a cab picture for you! For now, heres a pic showing a little of the cab. There are a lot more differences, those are not the only ones.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=509159
Well, guess I'm back.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »

Hey, you don't have to make changes. I will try my very best to get a cab picture for you! For now, heres a pic showing a little of the cab. There are a lot more differences, those are not the only ones.

Could you pin point the difference ? to my eye it looks identical ???

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:10 pm »
The only differences I saw were on the radio, but that's all, so the rest of the differences must be not shown in the picture. I wouldn't call that a "lot more differences" though  :P
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline MegaChulo95

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:39 pm »
IT the samething
MegaChulo95

Offline R62A 2067

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

Could you pin point the difference ? to my eye it looks identical ???

Err...IDK How do explain that....Ya gotta wait one week, sorry dude!
One thing, that thing with the numbers extend all the way to the top, the RFW is different and the drivers look-out window is different. I also think the operating screen is different and the controller plus a little more.
Btw, that panel is epic!
Now this is what I really call DEVELOPING!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:57:53 pm by R142A 7767 »
Well, guess I'm back.