BVEStation

Author Topic: Distance Meters / Signal Aspects / Irons  (Read 4641 times)

Offline PSharp217

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Distance Meters / Signal Aspects / Irons
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
at some point will the R142, 143, 160 A/B and 179 have the distance meters installed on the POS Display.

Its there a way to make the Sealed Beams Brighter when the reversers are thrown?

Will we be able to read the signal irons and aspects from the POS. Just a though if not already in development.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Distance Meters / Signal Aspects / Irons
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:05:41 pm »
i've been trying for a good year to find a plugin for this to use on my R143, but to no avail. It should be possible to get the distance to show up but i have no idea how to. Also the Screens don't show signals aspects in real life. The left CBTC screen shows the distance that is clear up to the next train.

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:28:49 pm »
Maybe this will help.
The OS_ATS plugin does have attributes called "travelmeters". 
I think this is an odometer that allows displaying miles or kilometers.
Here's the download site.  http://koti.welho.com/tuusaare/

Offline PSharp217

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:53:47 pm »
thanks will that work for Distance to Car Marker or just speed in general. All Consists have the distance to Car Marker whether it be 8 or 10 Cars.

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »
thanks will that work for Distance to Car Marker or just speed in general. All Consists have the distance to Car Marker whether it be 8 or 10 Cars.

Speed = "distance/time", not just simple distance, so speed is a different variable altogether.
The OS_ATS plugin was written for BVE4 long before openBVE, but does work with openBVE under Windows.

Distance variables available for use in openBVE .animated files include:
"distance" = Cartesian meters from object to closest car
"distance[carIndex]" = Cartesian meters from object to specified car.  0 if car does not exist.
"trackDistance" = +|- meters from object to closest end of train.  Positive if train in front, negative if behind, 0 if object between train ends.
"trackDistance[carIndex]" = +|- meters from object to specified car.  Positive if car center in front, negative if behind, 0 if car does not exist.

See this for more information on .animated variables:  http://web.tiscali.it/fopenbve/develop/object_animated.html#variables