BVEStation

Author Topic: Z Extension to Valley Stream Released  (Read 23044 times)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
Re: Z Extension to Valley Stream Released
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:05:32 am »
The Z Extension wont load
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:26:45 am »
Do you have all the dependencies?

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline JayJay85

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 07:08:52 am »
The Z Extension wont load

if u have the A, F and Q lines already downloaded u should be ok becasue this line was finish before the F was released

Offline TJay1724

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 09:30:04 am »
I fully understand what you were saying Rayvon. I wasn't trying to criticize you or really be mean towards anyone. I was just pointing out some things. What I normally do to avoid taking the time out to go back over my work because you are right about not having time, is that as I build station by station, I double and triple check before I move to the next one. And if it takes 2 years to release, then so be it. I'm just tired of the UK guys making us look like amateurs because we are not. All of those who contribute here at BVEStation are excellent at what they do. Whether it be train building, route coding, object designing, or just taking pics and collecting data. Don't get me wrong, those guys are superb at what they do. Please don't get me wrong. I'm proud of you all here and I am happy to be a part of this group. There are a lot of people working towards a common goal because when I started, it was just Tony C., Joe and myself. Do your thing.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:32 pm »
I understand what you're saying TJay, I just wanted to clarify on what I said since it could've been taken that way. I think one of our major flaws is that a lot of the routes are still being coded in rw format. That limits s from using a lot of the stuff that the British guys use in their routes, like the .pretrain, brightness and $rnd commands. This is also pulling us back in the sense that our trains aren't being used to their fullest potential because of this. Your Franklin Ave shuttle proved my point, as it was the first line I tested DJ Hammer's R38 on and the train looked and performed a lot better than it does on some routes.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »
yea i have all of em
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 08:11:54 pm »
I understand what you're saying TJay, I just wanted to clarify on what I said since it could've been taken that way. I think one of our major flaws is that a lot of the routes are still being coded in rw format. That limits s from using a lot of the stuff that the British guys use in their routes, like the .pretrain, brightness and $rnd commands. This is also pulling us back in the sense that our trains aren't being used to their fullest potential because of this. Your Franklin Ave shuttle proved my point, as it was the first line I tested DJ Hammer's R38 on and the train looked and performed a lot better than it does on some routes.
Actually, in OpenBVE, I was able to successfully use brightness commands in RW.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »
The point is, a lot of the newer developers should start learning how to code in CSV format. It opens their eyes to a wide range of possibilities, especially for the ones who wish to see darkening/brightening effects on their routes.

@an2sexy4u: Unless you're the developer then that developer can release whatever they please, and at whatever time. You need to wait patiently for routes like all the other members here, or get started making your own routes. That's just how I feel.

Great release, JayJay. I'll have to try to find the time to test out your route.

BStyles

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:06 pm »
First of, I dearly thank all those who took their time and resources to put together another splendid route (whether route or extension) as well as providing a BVE community like no other (not even the UK sites get as good as this one! Cheers)!! Thank you everyone! This is another great job.

Behalf of ProjectAce =]

P.S. For BVE4 where is the R32p2_8 trainset at?

Edit: Nevermind I saw the R32 at the bottom. X_X {Blind much?}
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:37:38 pm by ProjectAce »

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 08:56:43 pm »
WHY DO PEOPLE BE SO QUCIK TO MAKE EXTENTIONS INSTEAD OF THE REAL ROUTE ITSELF! ....MAKE THE FULL ROUTE FIRST THEN DO THE FUN EXTENTION AFTER!!!!!!!!! #IMJUSTSAYIN!
Honestly sometimes I agree with you, but I think all of us  should appreciate that the content here is so realistic, and everything here is free. I bought every Airbus plane from Wilco for FSX from the A320 to the A380, totaling $150. That is a lot of money for content for a sim, and everything here is extremely realistic, and you should be happy that none of this stuff is payware. For example, you don't see Joe asking for $50 for the V line.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 12:27:18 am »
WHY DO PEOPLE BE SO QUCIK TO MAKE EXTENTIONS INSTEAD OF THE REAL ROUTE ITSELF! ....MAKE THE FULL ROUTE FIRST THEN DO THE FUN EXTENTION AFTER!!!!!!!!! #IMJUSTSAYIN!
Honestly sometimes I agree with you, but I think all of us  should appreciate that the content here is so realistic, and everything here is free. I bought every Airbus plane from Wilco for FSX from the A320 to the A380, totaling $150. That is a lot of money for content for a sim, and everything here is extremely realistic, and you should be happy that none of this stuff is payware. For example, you don't see Joe asking for $50 for the V line.
Yeah seriously just imagine what it would be like. Older routes would be 10 bucks a piece, and newer 5th gen routes would be costing up to 80 dollars. People who complain about the developers really do not understand how amazingly lucky they are for this gracious community to exist.

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 05:43:22 am »
Yeah seriously just imagine what it would be like. Older routes would be 10 bucks a piece, and newer 5th gen routes would be costing up to 80 dollars. People who complain about the developers really do not understand how amazingly lucky they are for this gracious community to exist.

Very true things said here about the time and resources developers have put into their work and sharing without requiring payment/s.  No other ways I could put it as far as what was said here. And let's not forget if we had to also pay for any of the two versions of BVE. Last but not least, if we had to pay more/additionally for OpenBVE for its enhanced features.

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »
This route is awesome.....

Offline Port Washington Local

• Conductor
  • Network Systems Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:19 pm »
Nice work on the extension, Jayjay.

Quick sidenote: is it me or are we slowly but surely making our way into Nassau County?

I smell a Long Island Railroad route in the works...:)...and will be more than happy to help with it.

But yea, as always Jayjay, very nice work.