BVEStation

Author Topic: R142 from the 2 on the 4 train  (Read 18369 times)

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
R142 from the 2 on the 4 train
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »
I rode on R142 4 train from the 2 train I was on train number 6324

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Re: R142 from the 2 on the 4 train
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:50:20 pm »
4 train with 2 train stripmaps?? that's something new lol

either the 4 is getting more cars, or they could have sent a 5 to Woodlawn (or a 4 to Flatbush, either way lol)

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:21:33 pm »
The 4 train actually does in fact have some 2 train cars running on the four and they coupled them up with the low numbered R142 like 1142

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »
I heard they changed out those 2 train stripmaps already

Offline R40R32

• Operator
  • RFC_NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:42:52 pm »
Well The M.T.A. I think put a few R142s from the (2) to the (5) I think swap maybe possible they put those same ones on the (4) now but It is necessary to change the strip maps.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine8?feature=mhee (My YouTube Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/RailLine7?feature=mhee (Second YouTube channel)
M.T.A. -Money Taking Agency

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:32 am »
Those R142s that were previously on the (2) and (5) lines is temporarily replacing a couple of R142A sets, which are at Kawasaki's Yonkers plant.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:01:32 am »
Some of you guys are a few months late about sets from the (2) & (5) appearing on the (4).The 1st set appeared back in early September.Over the months more sets have appeared on the (4) b\c I think a few R142A's the CBTC compatitable ones (7731-7810) are getting retrofitted or whatever the hell they're doing its for the (7).
Recently since mid-December several people included me realized something was going on b\c its odd to see "several" not 1 or 2 R142's in order. 1101-1110 is in numerical order,1215-1206 and several other sets and they're regular (4) sets.The newest addition to (4) service is 6321-6325 set which I rode yesterday.Already has 4 stripmaps installed.But back in November the Flushing Line was ready for R142A testing but there has been no word of that eversince and that came from a T/O on NYCTF.Now expect this if the sets from the (2) & (5) stay on the (4) then chances are Lex Av is gonna stay Fully NTT's.Either way the (4) will lose 7731-7810 b\c that is the Supplement order and they have that CBTC kit shit installed.So either the cats from the (3) will return to the (4) to replace the R142A's or the (2) will become R62A.In reality it makes sense but then again it doesn't b\c of rollsign changing with the 2 and 5 at Flatbush.I'll keep you guys updated on some News.If you want to know some more stuff just PM me.
Another thing if you guys haven't noticed lately but the Concourse R68's are getting door enablers which mean in order to open the doors the T/O and C/R must press the right buttons so the doors will open on the right side.(They have a green circle next to the number plate)sets that have door enabler.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »
Some of you guys are a few months late about sets from the (2) & (5) appearing on the (4).The 1st set appeared back in early September.Over the months more sets have appeared on the (4) b\c I think a few R142A's the CBTC compatitable ones (7731-7810) are getting retrofitted or whatever the hell they're doing its for the (7).
Recently since mid-December several people included me realized something was going on b\c its odd to see "several" not 1 or 2 R142's in order. 1101-1110 is in numerical order,1215-1206 and several other sets and they're regular (4) sets.The newest addition to (4) service is 6321-6325 set which I rode yesterday.Already has 4 stripmaps installed.But back in November the Flushing Line was ready for R142A testing but there has been no word of that eversince and that came from a T/O on NYCTF.Now expect this if the sets from the (2) & (5) stay on the (4) then chances are Lex Av is gonna stay Fully NTT's.Either way the (4) will lose 7731-7810 b\c that is the Supplement order and they have that CBTC kit shit installed.So either the cats from the (3) will return to the (4) to replace the R142A's or the (2) will become R62A.In reality it makes sense but then again it doesn't b\c of rollsign changing with the 2 and 5 at Flatbush.I'll keep you guys updated on some News.If you want to know some more stuff just PM me.
Another thing if you guys haven't noticed lately but the Concourse R68's are getting door enablers which mean in order to open the doors the T/O and C/R must press the right buttons so the doors will open on the right side.(They have a green circle next to the number plate)sets that have door enabler.

I do believe that they are geting CBTC Compatible / being converted to R188s for the (7) [i'm not sure]

Door enablers are also on Jamaica's R46's. I've seen them on the (R)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

I do believe that they are geting CBTC Compatible / being converted to R188s for the (7) [i'm not sure]

Yep and yes also I believe 1 or 2 sets on the (A) have them.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:38 pm »

Yep and yes also I believe 1 or 2 sets on the (A) have them.

So that means the (4) amd the (6) will lose the R142's?

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »
The (6) would probably lose their R142As since it would be most logical to send the modified R62As to Pelham for Pelham's trains.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »
The (6) would probably lose their R142As since it would be most logical to send the modified R62As to Pelham for Pelham's trains.
Honestly I don't know.But it's very likely the (4) will lose its 7731-7810 which have the CBTC kit and possibly more sets.
And yes it does makes sense to send the R62A's from the (7) with the LED signs b\c of that reason but then again POLITICS,POLITICS,POLITICS*Reason why the NTT's are on Lex* but rollsign changing is an issue also and the crew are already pissed about it.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »
So that means the (4) amd the (6) will lose the R142's?
R142A's yes but not all of them.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:54 am »
Amazing how politics can mess up a subway line. I agree with it becase ofte LED lights on he exterior of the  R62's but as for the roll sign change, they are just lazy. It all comes with the job. But they should keep the left over R142 on the (4). Plus im a lil afraid of that CBTC, i dont want anything to malfunction

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 09:42:46 pm »
they are just lazy. But they should keep the left over R142 on the (4). Plus im a lil afraid of that CBTC, i dont want anything to malfunction
1.Its not really about being "lazy" crew may not have enough time to change signs.
2.I'll keep you updated about this situation but I think the (4) will remain all NTT.A few years ago a few sets from the (2) and (5) appeared on the (4) and were on the (4) for about a month or 2 for idk what reason but they didn't have a stripmap change.
3.CBTC it will malfunction at times b\c its only 1 test train going.If it keeps failing then lol I hope it does.