BVEStation

Author Topic: New NYCT Objects Pack  (Read 77709 times)

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: New NYCT Objects Pack
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
I've attempted to do different speeds, but anything over 5 seconds and for some reason the signal will not display properly and by default, it can't be anything lower than 5 seconds. The timers are still a work in progress so I'll see what I can come up with. As for the trips, as you said the R38 has the plugin, if the train does not have the plugin and the route file does not have the correct beacon coded into the file, it won't matter. The train has to have the plugin, and the route has to have the correct beacon command for that to work.

Offline Lexington456

• New Recruit
  • Long Live the Lex
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »
This is gonna be a sweet object pack

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 05:03:47 pm »
Basically they work on a delay in conjunction with the length before it.  For example, the timers in the file by default is five seconds and the timer will start when the train reaches 40 meters before the signal. I have it set at 40 meters. So when your train gets to the 40 meter mark before the signal, your trains speed should be around 14-20 mph. Once the timer expires, the signal will turn from red to yellow, then to green. If you time it right and have your speed adjusted accordingly, the timer will clear to green just before you pass it. There is no penalty for passing at red as openBVE only sees this as an animated object and does not recognize it as a signal, though it is placed with a signal command and functions as a signal.

I've actually tried this concept on the E in the East River tubes myself resulting in failure lol but good luck! I'm looking forward to see how you did it!

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »
Thanks. They should be ready soon.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
The trip function on the R38 works exactly the same as on the London underground northern line route because it uses the same plugin as the 1995 stock train for BVE 4.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 06:58:55 pm »
The trip function on the R38 works exactly the same as on the London underground northern line route because it uses the same plugin as the 1995 stock train for BVE 4.
It needs the beacon command, correct? That's something I don't know how to do and would love to learn.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »
He said the train needs a plugin, not the route commands. With the plugin the R38 has, it will be tripped if it passes red signals.

BStyles

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »
He said the train needs a plugin, not the route commands. With the plugin the R38 has, it will be tripped if it passes red signals.

BStyles
Yes, I know that. However, the route also needs a code in order for this to happen.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »
you are aware the route needs beacons to work? as in the trainstop commands right
if you have small ideas or tips Start a new thread about it and someone will help you with that issue or idea

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »
I have successfully simulated repeating signals. I know everyone wants to see videos, but I cannot make them for some reason so instead all custom signals will be displayed in a demo route shortly. For those of you who know how to make videos, please feel free to do so once the demo is released. The repeat signals are regular signals just customized for the left instead of the right and coded to function the same as a regular signal. For example, if you have a standard signal on the right, I placed the repeat signal on the left 5 meters before and have the code in the file set so that both signals display the same aspect and will change to the same aspect at the same time, thus simulating the repeat signal effect of the NYC subway.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 01:44:50 pm »
Cool thats really great can't wait to check this out!

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 02:41:30 pm »
I have successfully simulated repeating signals. I know everyone wants to see videos, but I cannot make them for some reason so instead all custom signals will be displayed in a demo route shortly. For those of you who know how to make videos, please feel free to do so once the demo is released. The repeat signals are regular signals just customized for the left instead of the right and coded to function the same as a regular signal. For example, if you have a standard signal on the right, I placed the repeat signal on the left 5 meters before and have the code in the file set so that both signals display the same aspect and will change to the same aspect at the same time, thus simulating the repeat signal effect of the NYC subway.
Hey TJay if you want I can demo the signals on the Riverbank Park Shuttle. It already has simulated timers so your signals would be a great addition

Offline TJay1724

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2011, 04:37:28 pm »
An update: The first object pack is COMPLETE. I will be sending it to ipac for upload soon. The signals will follow after as there are a lot of them. So far I have 17 signals at this point and I have created a 2 Shot GT and a 2 Shot ST-GT. All underground automatic signals and Home signals are done. I am now putting together all Timed underground signals. (1 Shot GT, 2 Shot GT, 2 Shot ST-GT, 1 Shot ST, and all Timed Home signals) After those are done, I will be doing the same signals for the outside, elevated portion of the NYC subway. Screens of the signals coming soon. Stay tuned.

Almost forgot, there will be 1 Shot GT's that can be apprached at different speeds. I figured that out. FULL Instructions on how to use and place all the signals will be included.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:43:11 pm by TJay1724 »

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:15 pm »
looking good. cant wait to see these in routes. it will add alot of realism to it. but the thing you said about the penalty passing it. how will it not penalize you if its a signal? its impossible to pass a red signal and get the error and points taken off message.  :o :o ??? ???

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »
if it's not registered as a signal in the openbve program, it will not count towards your points.