BVEStation

Author Topic: Rating System Abuse  (Read 14182 times)

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
  • Third year as Route Developer
    • View Profile
Rating System Abuse
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:10:27 pm »
So I been seeing people jump from -1 to -30 in just a few days, weeks. I think it is a problem and we need to fix it. I suggest removing the rating system in general as that would stop the abuse of people down rating for no reason. Take me for example. In January I was at +0/-0. Now I am at -29. For why? I have no idea. Earlier this week I was at -23...if someone have pure hatred to me fore that they should come up and PM me in my inbox and we can sort the situation out. Hear me out on this problem please! and if you having the same thing feel free to reply to this thread.

Have a great day,
Wiz

Ztraintobroad

Re: Rating System Abuse
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »
Exactly, I also had -11 back in February, and now it's up to -43...

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:01:06 pm »
The rating system is meant as a wakeup call for members. As you can see, I have negative ratings as well. Not everyone likes what I have to say, and their opinion is noted.

Perhaps you should start looking into why your rating stands where it does, i.e. look in a mirror. Some of those members might be trying to tell you something.

BStyles

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:04:26 pm »
@Ztraintovroad um -47 right but real quick why are ya complaint about everything 

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 08:12:22 pm »
Also I realize Emari and Ahad that you guys are spamming the forums left and right in every topic that has to STOP TODAY before guys really get banned.   

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »
Also I realize Emari and Ahad that you guys are spamming the forums left and right in every topic that has to STOP TODAY before guys really get banned.

No one is spamming the forums... Just because I post doesn't mean I am spamming. You aren't even a mod...and I didn't know the NTT, IRT, and 68 topic is every topic...Also stop using our real life names, wouldn't like it if I did. You wouldn't want to talk to me after what you did... There are other people spamming yet you are talking about me and Ztraintobroad...that shows how you are only looking for people you dislike. @RStar

BStyles, Its not that we did anything wrong...well I speak for my self as I don't know anything about ZTraintoBroad. I can tell you right now that there are people just spam downrating. I can tell you that because I know some people who are doing it...Rating system isn't a wake up call when you been helping people out. Trust me. If someone else made this you would instantly have a different reaction...same to you Rstar...All I am saying is that its getting abused and someone needs to do something about it.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »
I just spent about two weeks removing over three hundred posts between you, Ztraintobroad, and over a dozen other members on BVEStation, as well as mediating topics such as these, that seem to be going off course. Here are some of the reasons that I have observed, that may contribute to your poor rating.

-Topic derailment, which is also not limited to talking about other subjects in topics based solely around development.
-Arguments, whether it be in good taste or not.
-Arguments with other members
-Accusations
-Generally any other thing that I have seen that was removed.

What I have seen degraded to something like a TeamSpeak/Facebook chat at times. Topics must REMAIN ON TOPIC at all times. If it does not deal with the title of the topic then it will not be discussed in said topic. If you have issues, start a topic in the appropriate section.

Secondly, if people don't like you, then they're entitled to their opinion. You can't complain against someone who doesn't like you, that's their right, which is why I highly doubt this is just plain spamming. I highly recommend you look over some of the things that you have said over the last few months on this forum, and even perhaps take a step back from the forum and let it breathe for a bit.

BStyles

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 01:31:37 pm »
I just spent about two weeks removing over three hundred posts between you, Ztraintobroad, and over a dozen other members on BVEStation, as well as mediating topics such as these, that seem to be going off course. Here are some of the reasons that I have observed, that may contribute to your poor rating.

-Topic derailment, which is also not limited to talking about other subjects in topics based solely around development.
-Arguments, whether it be in good taste or not.
-Arguments with other members
-Accusations
-Generally any other thing that I have seen that was removed.

What I have seen degraded to something like a TeamSpeak/Facebook chat at times. Topics must REMAIN ON TOPIC at all times. If it does not deal with the title of the topic then it will not be discussed in said topic. If you have issues, start a topic in the appropriate section.

Secondly, if people don't like you, then they're entitled to their opinion. You can't complain against someone who doesn't like you, that's their right, which is why I highly doubt this is just plain spamming. I highly recommend you look over some of the things that you have said over the last few months on this forum, and even perhaps take a step back from the forum and let it breathe for a bit.

BStyles

Hmm, okay...so you don't believe me.. I can tell you it is only 1 2 or 3 people doing the ratings. I am always on topic... Nor did I complain about someone not liking me. I couldn't careless about someone liking me...It is most definitely spam as other users are getting it as well.

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »
Well Emari almost everybody on this forum know me already and meet in person several times so yes. Also wtf I did to you go head put out there ooo I'm scared... lol calling u wide face and
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:47:38 pm by rstar »

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 02:52:37 pm »
Can you not calk me by name? At least have the dignity for that.

Offline Ty

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 03:01:14 pm »
-removed-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:35:20 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:12 pm »
removed
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:35:37 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 03:09:12 pm »
removed
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:35:52 pm by YankeesPwnMets »

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 04:34:57 pm »
@rstar and Ty:

I would like to refer to the BVEStation rules, specifically Section A, rule number 3:
"3. NO PRIVACY VIOLATIONS: Posting of content that violates the privacy or comfort of another member is not allowed."

WizDaGamer asked you both respectfully to not use his actual name, yet you guys intentionally continued to do so. Therefore, you are both in violation of this rule. As a reminder, violators are subject to punishment, including (but not limited to) reprimands, warnings, and bans from the forum. Both of you should consider this as your first warning.

@WizDaGamer:
"I am always on topic"

With all due respect, I disagree with you on this front. There have been multiple times that I can think off of the top of my head where you stepped past the line. I distinctly remember you telling another member that he was not allowed on the forum.  In addition, there have been numerous snarky remarks (ie. "Just waiting for that one person to spam") and arguments with other members that were wholly unnecessary. Like BStyles said, you should perhaps look at your rating as a reflection on your behavior, rather than looking for someone to blame. When you go to school and get a crappy grade on an exam, you should look at that as a reminder that you need to improve, rather than hide behind the "my teacher hates me" excuse.

On the side note, thanks for submitting your thoughts and suggestions regarding a feature on the forum. We encourage everyone to submit their thoughts/suggestions on this board.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 05:03:40 pm »
I will admit I have gone off topic, but only when specific people have targeted me for no apparent reason.

@YankessPwnMets May I speak with you in your PM for a moment?