BVEStation

Author Topic: How'd R160's Look on the (B)  (Read 20381 times)

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: How'd R160's Look on the (B)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »
well there are many perespectives when it comes to this but I think that what they should do is put more "real" trains and forget about the R160 because it looses the meaning of a route I still remember yesterday I was taking the 4 train (R142A) a torist came up to me was like is that the 2 train she thought it because of the red circle in the front they really need to fix that or at least make the circles a bit bigger because when a train enters a train station it can be reletively difficult to read until the side display is facing you

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 08:12:47 pm »
well there are many perespectives when it comes to this but I think that what they should do is put more "real" trains and forget about the R160 because it looses the meaning of a route I still remember yesterday I was taking the 4 train (R142A) a torist came up to me was like is that the 2 train she thought it because of the red circle in the front they really need to fix that or at least make the circles a bit bigger because when a train enters a train station it can be reletively difficult to read until the side display is facing you

Well, "real" define that. Because theoretically, the R160 is real

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 08:18:17 pm »
well I am not sure if you were involved with or not with the topic about the R160 where we classified the R160 as a toy train and the R32,42,68 basically the trains before the R160 as real trains which it kind of is true because the R160 it just says everything to you that it does not feel like what tranportation use to be back before the r160's were ever put into play

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 08:29:57 pm »
People don't give two shats whether the actual route bullet is up on the front of the train or if its a bunch of red LED dots. I think the only thing most people that take the subway care about is whether they get them to their destination on time.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 09:22:21 pm »
well I am not sure if you were involved with or not with the topic about the R160 where we classified the R160 as a toy train and the R32,42,68 basically the trains before the R160 as real trains which it kind of is true because the R160 it just says everything to you that it does not feel like what tranportation use to be back before the r160's were ever put into play
Where?I haven't seen one post where it says it's a toy in this topic. Just as long as it takes you from A - B, I don't really care what train it is. I'm the one who posted the topic. But I'm gonna stop with this argument now.

Offline dman1455

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 10:08:36 pm »
This is how R160's would look on the (B)

credits to Zach Summer for the photos!

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?89734

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?89733

Offline kawasakir160

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:08 am »
using the C.I R160s

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 09:24:08 am »
Back in the 60s and 70s people were saying the same things about the R32s, R38s, etc. What goes around comes around; I'm sure that in 40 years we will all be calling the R160's replacements toy trains too.

Then again it does seem that with each railcar generation the trains get more toy-like.

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 09:35:08 am »

Half the city don't give to fiddler's farts whether the trains are new or not. If you can get to Destination on time and pay for reliable service, that's all they care for.
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
Half the city don't give to fiddler's farts whether the trains are new or not. If you can get to Destination on time and pay for reliable service, that's all they care for.
Thats true but you can tell people are tired of some equipment for example the Springfield Garden residents always complaining about something they are the reason why the 32's were gone from the (E).Last year that same community was complaining about the 160's are too cold.
The (C) Riders mainly along Central Pk W are tired of the 32's but damn surely mostly the RF and CPW community was happy as hell when they (C) ran 44's.

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:43 pm »
well I heard this motto growin up and matches what you just said people will always complain about something

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 03:28:50 pm »
well I heard this motto growin up and matches what you just said people will always complain about something
They're a community who thinks they're better than other African-American/Black communities and people say they act white b\c of the way they live(more on the rich side).I guarantee you if it wasn't for them the 160's probably even wouldn't be on the Queens Blvd.They probably got jealous b\c they saw the (A) had 160 Test trains back in '06 and they thought they deserved them instead of the workhorses 32's.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 04:35:22 pm »
The R160s went to the (E) because the line has a lot more passengers than the (A) and (C) lines. Get over it. It's not some sort of conspiracy against the (A) and (C) line riders, just a shortage of newer, better cars.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »
They're a community who thinks they're better than other African-American/Black communities and people say they act white b\c of the way they live(more on the rich side).I guarantee you if it wasn't for them the 160's probably even wouldn't be on the Queens Blvd.They probably got jealous b\c they saw the (A) had 160 Test trains back in '06 and they thought they deserved them instead of the workhorses 32's.

Source of this please.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »
The R160s went to the (E) because the line has a lot more passengers than the (A) and (C) lines. Get over it. It's not some sort of conspiracy against the (A) and (C) line riders, just a shortage of newer, better cars.
The (A) alone has the MOST ridership out of all the lines.So (A)+(C) beats out (E). (A) even beats out (E) alone.