BVEStation

Author Topic: Open BVE RouteQ3 RW and other  (Read 4689 times)

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Open BVE RouteQ3 RW and other
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:28:01 pm »
Everytime i run the Q local in Staten Island, when i get to Jefferson Ave Station, i manage to reach the "train" infront of me and the game stops for 8 hours. So, i pressed ESC, Jump to station, and when i pick the station, I get a Message Stating " Departure in 07:59:59" and the whole countdown. Well curious bastard i am decided to wait and try it out, and it actually works. I can move again without a problem. Also, even when i dont jump to station, and wait for the train infront to move, also 8 hours.

Any clues to what that could be?

Also, no matter what, either be the H, Q, A, and ( aww darn i forgot the other one) i can catch up to the train infront. As a joke. Even if i go slow, or haul ass for the sake of another word, i can ALWAYS catch up. ( BTW its fun) Is there a way i can change the settings or "timers" to go against me?

Thanks

John
jbetancourt

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
Re: Open BVE RouteQ3 RW and other
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
There's an error in the route file which messes up the schedule. Get the newest Q, V5, which doesn't have this problem.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:51:12 pm »
You could also jump stations, and close the doors on your own. The other thing you can do, is open the route file, and increase the run interval. I'm not sure if that's legal though
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:37 am »
If or when you catch up to another train its b\c you're hauling meaning operating fast and you're early.One or the other or even both is the reason why.When you jump to a station with a scheduled time and jump back to your location you'll be behind schedule b\c you're not going back in time its still going.If you're very early then you can always speed up the time by pressing CTRL & J at the sametime and to stop x5 press it again.
Like Jose said you can open the route file and increase the run interval its one of the 1st few lines in the route file and anything under 250 is basically rush hour the AI train is ahead of you by about 2min 30sec to 3min and you can change that to any number.400-800 would be good since you're less likely to catch up the AI train would be at least 5min ahead of you.Hope that helps.

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:03:12 pm »
thanks. i got the Q, v5, so far it's working... Can i change the A.I time in other route folders as well? Or is there a way i can set it so when i'm ahead like that or catching up, it will slow me down? ( i admit im a bit of a lube-foot or "fingers" in this case LOL)

john
jbetancourt